Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) is responsible for managing the Group’s relationships with major corporate and government clients and institutional investors, and provides a full range of capital raising, transactional and risk management products and services. For more detail on IB&M please visit this Site
Our purpose is to enhance our clients’ success through market-leading capabilities and unique insights. It’s part of our DNA.
Within Strategy and Operations the Portfolio Analysis and Segmentation team provide targeted and timely analytics to help frontline teams understand their customers, anticipate their needs, and tailor solutions/offers to match those needs. Development and embedding analytical sales tools to empower frontline teams with unique actionable insights and innovative solutions for customer retention, needs identification and acquisition opportunities.
Your impact & contribution:
Your role will involve development and ongoing enhancements/support of web-based analytics applications in the Portfolio & Client Analytics team.
You will demonstrate leading practice in the design of coding patterns for web feature delivery, acting as a consultant in application architecture and delivering improved outcomes to the IB&M business through system performance enhancements. You will also be responsible for developing scripts and executing rigorous testing in collaboration with other team members.
Your responsibilities: Your role will be focused towards delivering “self-service” analytics application capability, designed to provide insights and opportunities to our institutional banking clients, and also to management and frontline staff. This role will see you;
- Deliver web-based analytics applications to assist management and frontline in strategic and operational decision making for IB&M
- Deliver operational web-based applications for specific client needs in an Internet-facing environment
- Deliver web-based analytics applications that are scalable, responsive, user-friendly and flexible to changing requirements. In doing so you will work with our modellers and data scientists to convert prototypes into robust and scalable solutions using reusable application development patterns
- Ensure our applications are designed in a way that they are easily configured, maintained and updated
- Support and enhance the Portfolio & Client Analytics application platforms and tools
- Provide input on application design to ensure excellent usability, performance and industry leading user interface design
- Explore new and innovative analytics and data visualization solutions/techniques
- Actively manage relationships with various stakeholders and promote analytics/sales tools for sales excellence. You will collaborate with other analytics teams within CBA to drive the effective use of systems/data/insights
- Understand business requirements and develop solutions that empower our clients
- Share technical expertise by mentoring colleagues and assisting with troubleshooting programs as well as provide cross-functional technical support and consultation services to the PAS management team.
- Continuously improve existing systems and processes to ensure quality and efficiency
Ongoing success will come from active involvement in external industry groups to leverage new industry insights and trends for provision of new and innovative solutions and continuous improvement of existing applications.
Your experience and qualifications:
Our ideal candidate is an experienced Front End Developer with a proven successful track record in web application development and custom front end visualisation experience within digital agency, financial services (Credit Risk, Global Markets preferable) or similar environments.
To be considered for this opportunity you must possess the following experience;
- Prior web application development experience
- ReactJS & Redux experience
- NodeJS web development experience
- REST API development experience
- HTML & CSS
- Microsoft SQL / T-SQL
- Experienced in an Agile software delivery environment (Continuous deployment)
- Git source control
- Experience with web-based data visualisation
- Amazon Web Services experience
- Mobile/responsive application development
- Tertiary Qualification in Computer Science or IT related field
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value’s driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focussing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
Please apply online to be considered for this role. Have a question about your application, our process or what happens next? Click here for some of the most commonly asked questions about applying for a role at CommBank.
We value you and won’t leave you hanging. Our advertising closes 6th Nov 2019 but expect to hear from us within a week of the closing date. Best of luck!
AUS Eastern Daylight Time
AUS Eastern Daylight Time