Senior Legal Counsel - Derivatives and Financial Markets
Job no: 20073570_16052018
Business group: Group Corporate Affairs
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Sydney CBD Area
- We are focused
- We are trusted
- We make a positive impact
See yourself in our team:
Our Legal Services team is part of Group Corporate Affairs (GCA), we partner with business units to assist them in attaining their strategic goals and sustaining a competitive advantage by ensuring legal risks are appropriately recognised and managed.
The Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) Legal team provides expert advice and assistance to the Institutional Banking and Markets business with a principle focus on the Australian business.
Do work that matters:
You will play a key role providing high value strategic legal services, including advice, transactional work, preparation of documents, legal negotiation and representation in Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) or other areas to which you may be transferred, key responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a deep understanding of GCA's strategy and ensuring that the strategy is, through collaboration where appropriate, executed successfully in the Institutional Banking and Markets business.
- Establishing and maintaining effective and appropriate working relationships with the Group’s internal Business Units and external contacts with a primary focus on providing legal support and advice to the Group’s Institutional Banking and Markets business, with a primary focus on the financial markets business.
- Developing and maintaining a detailed understanding of, and expertise in, the Group's Legal practices in the Institutional Banking and Markets business
- Applying knowledge to provide high value strategic advice and act on behalf of the Commonwealth Bank Group for a range of legal work, including significant and complex matters
- Providing accurate, timely, commercial advice through effective communication
- Assisting in provision of information and training seminars to the business on relevant or emerging legal issues.
We’re interested in hearing from people who have:
- A minimum of 7 years relevant PAE
- Tertiary qualifications in law
- Australian admission to practice whilst not immediately required will be expected to be obtained within a reasonable period
- Excellent legal technical skills including the ability quickly to grasp, negotiate and resolve issues in complex finance matters, with a primary focus on derivatives and financial markets
- Sound knowledge of standard market documentation in derivatives (including the ISDA Master Agreement, the ISDA Definitions and ancillary ISDA documentation)
- Significant experience in drafting and providing legal advice in relation to: (a) derivatives transactions and documentation; (b) products trading on financial markets generally, including physical commodities and carbon; and (c) structured financing transactions involving derivatives
- Strong awareness of the legal and regulatory environment affecting derivatives and financial markets, in particular the current global OTC reform regimes (including the Dodd-Frank Act, the Volker Rule and the ASIC Transaction Reporting Rules) and the consequences of the regimes for swap dealers.
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a values driven organisation, we nurture and support our people through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friendBack to search results