Manager Home Buying Valuation Support
Job no: 40026565_14072018
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Sydney CBD Area
Categories: Personal Lending & Home Loans, Property / Facilities
About the business and team
Retail Banking Services (RBS) is the public face of CommBank, delivering a seamless banking experience for the future, to our 10 million + personal and small business customers. We offer market-leading products and services, supported by some of the world’s best systems and processes.
The Home Buying team has end to end responsibility for the Commonwealth Bank’s home loans business. We support the proprietary and third party sales and service teams to meet our customers’ needs for home finance and advice.
The Valuation Support Team is responsible for the oversight and operation of Residential Mortgage Valuation services – a critical component within the Home Buying process to enable the Home Buying Strategy.
About the opportunity
This role also contributes to the overall objectives of the group by ensuring:
- We are securing the financial wellbeing of home loan customers by mortgaging acceptable residential property with an accurate security value
- Risks are appropriately identified and managed
- Continuous improvement of valuation operational efficiency
- We contribute towards innovating valuation services and risk identification controls to provide a competitive advantage to CBA.
What will success look like?
- Support the design, development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of valuation Standard Operating Procedures and Operational Controls
- Train and coach team members to enable successful delivery of customer outcomes
- Support the monitoring of team performance and workflows, using standardised systems and reports to ensure service levels are achieved
- Proactively identify and manage operational risks ensuring effective controls are designed, implemented, tested and reported on
- Contribute to identifying, driving and delivering continuous improvement and efficiency enhancements in customer service, systems and processes
- Building and maintaining internal and external relationships through strong stakeholder management and customer service
- Undertake any other tasks assigned by your manager that you have the capability to perform safely in line with relevant internal Bank policies and external regulatory requirements
What will help you succeed?
- Experience in retail banking and/or mortgage originations
- Understanding and experience of residential mortgage valuation processes preferred
- Experience in a contact centre, operations or processing environment
- Strong customer service, stakeholder management and negotiating skills
- Identifying and managing operational risk (desirable)
If you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great opportunities. Whether you want to move across the organisation or up into a leadership role, the way you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities are key. In this role you will gain experience in:
Start-up: contribute to the establishment of a new product, system and process; Significant investment: we are investing in our valuation systems and core valuation capabilities; Organisational change: you will be part of a new team that will deliver innovative valuation services; External relations: you will gain exposure externally through direct customer contacts and vendor relationships.
AUS Eastern Standard Time
AUS Eastern Standard Time