Senior Manager Risk and Compliance - Sydney, NSW
Job no: 40029497_25072018
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Sydney CBD Area
Categories: Business Banking, Risk Management & Compliance
- Work in the heart of the CBD
- Manage a small team
- Enjoy working in a role with purpose
See yourself in our team
Business Banking SME provides relationship management to approximately 70,000 customers nationally. Clients typically have potential revenue to the Bank of < $30k per annum. We are committed to understanding our clients, and delivering insights and creative solutions, to drive sustainable business growth. Our Business Banking SME staff identify and manage the delivery of a broad range of financial solutions to its customers, sourced via the Bank’s product teams in Business & Private Banking, Wealth Management & Retail Banking services.
Do Work That Matters
This role is responsible for driving continuous improvement and optimisation regarding the control environment, risk framework implementation, risk maturity and risk culture within Business Banking SME. You will work closely with the Executive Manager, Line 1 Risk SME and line 1 and 2 risk peers across BPB to deliver critical BaU risk & compliance activities. This way you will ensure effective embedding of a mature “three lines of accountability” operating model.
More specifically, you will:
- Provide leadership and support for the development and implementation of Business Banking SME Strong Foundations strategic priorities and roadmap
- Lead, develop and inspire a small team of high performing Risk & Compliance Managers – and provide coaching to the team as relevant
- Provide quality risk management advice, and co-ordinate, implement and oversee effective, timely implementation of our Risk Management Frameworks within Business Banking SME
To help us deliver a better future for business banking, you'll:
- Significant leadership experience in Operational Risk, Compliance, Audit and Credit Risk management in the financial services industry
- Proven leadership, trusted risk advisor, influencing and supervisory skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a large, varied and challenging stakeholder group at all levels The capacity to work in a busy, commercial, competitive environment and the ability to meet objectives / targets and deliver customer service
Our culture of inclusion
The people, businesses and communities we serve are wonderfully diverse. To reflect this, we're committed to hiring a similarly diverse workforce. With a focus on inclusion, accessibility and flexibility, we'll support you at every stage of your career.
We value you and won't leave you hanging. Our advertising closes Friday 24 August 2018 but expect to hear from us within a week of the closing date. Best of luck!
Have a question about your application, our process or what happens next? Click here for some of the most commonly asked questions about applying for a role at CommBank.
AUS Eastern Standard Time
AUS Eastern Standard Time