Executive Manager - Group Data Management
Job no: 40030250_31072018
Work type: Contract/Secondment, Permanent full time
Location: Sydney CBD Area
Whichever way our customers choose to engage with us, our people are accountable, motivated and passionate about delivering an exceptional level of service and enhancing financial wellbeing
About the business & team
The Chief Data Office is accountable for developing Group’s data strategy, data policy & standards, governance and set requirements for data enablers/tools. The team is also accountable to facilitate a community of practitioners to share best practice and build data talent and capabilities.
About the Opportunity
The Executive Manager – Data Management Implementation will be required to work closely with the Business Unit and Support Unit Data Offices, Data Stewards and Data Owners to drive Data Management uplift across the Group. You will be the Product Owner for the Data Management Implementation Delivery Team and will be expected to drive best practice capability and approach for the Group.
To ensure the Group meets our regulatory and compliance obligations and achieves sustainable competitive advantage through data-led decision making, you will need to both play a key role in developing the Group’s data management practices and partner with Business Unit and Support Unit Data Offices including their data owners and data stewards to develop, implement and monitor best practice Data Management.
What does success look like?
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Design a Data Management Implementation Approach for the group that enables us to meet current and expected regulatory requirements and enabling leverage through analytics.
- Work with Risk, Group Strategy and BU/SU Data Offices to design an approach aligned to key programs across the Group (e.g., Risk Management Implementation, Process Architecture, etc) and will drive simplicity of implementation by leveraging existing practices as far as possible.
- Provide advice and support to the data communities across the Group on the best practice approach to data management uplift, issue resolution and escalation, and tooling features and functionality on our DMI.
- Work closely with the “tooling” delivery team to ensure that group-wide Data Management requirements are adequately represented and that all solutions support and simplify delivery of the DMI.
- Support the GDO to report to the Group Data Management Council (GDMC) to monitor and report on progress of and escalating any High/Very High issues
What will help you succeed?
- Significant experience in delivering Business Unit strategies (including those focussing on data management) through internal strategy and/or business consulting projects and/or provision of data management services.
- Deep understanding of data implementation and/or analytics practices and challenges in Financial Services and/or other regulated environments
- Acquired knowledge of global industry best practices for Data Management.
- Proven leadership with demonstrated success in leading and driving change with enthusiasm and achieving measurable performance improvements across large and complex businesses.
- Proven record of demonstrating good judgement.
- Appropriate balance of intellectual curiosity and rigor with commercial and operational pragmatism.
The people, businesses and communities we serve are wonderfully diverse. To reflect this, we’re committed to hiring a similarly diverse workforce. With a focus on inclusion, accessibility and flexibility, we’ll support you at every stage of your career.
AUS Eastern Daylight Time
AUS Eastern Daylight Time