Analytics and big data are changing the world. At CommBank we understand this and have significant focus on using the power of data and analytics to provide unique customer experiences and to transform our business.
Commbank is Australia’s leading provider of financial services including retail, premium, business and institutional banking, funds management, superannuation, insurance, investment and share broking products and services. We are a business with more than 800,000 shareholders and over 52,000 employees.
In recent years, we have undergone a remarkable transformation with our focus on technology, which supports the customer experience. We are now truly recognised as technology leaders.
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a values driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you!
The Analytics & Information team’s vision is to leverage analytics and information to enhance the financial wellbeing of our customers and to provide richer customer experiences. We are also committed to providing high quality information to manage our business and meet regulatory obligations. We provide a range of services to our internal customers across all business units of the Group including strategy, architecture, data science, business intelligence, engineering and program delivery.
We are accountable for the Group’s key analytics capabilities including the GDW (Group Data Warehouse), Omnia (Hadoop Big Data Platform), SAS, R, Tableau, Oracle BI, Ab Initio and Data Stage. We are focused on enhancing these to create world-leading capabilities for analytics, information management and decisioning.
What You’ll Do:
This role is responsible for ensuring a high quality of data management on the A&I Platform. This includes being accountable in A&I for
- Data ownership
- Data governance
- Data classification
- Data Quality
- Data Security
- Data Privacy
Specific Role responsibilities:
- Understand the core group principles, policies and standards related to Data ownership, Data governance, Data classification, Data Quality, Data Security and Data Privacy
- Translate those principles and policies into actionable instructions for A&I, identifying and filling gaps as necessary
- Guide and govern core A&I standard operating procedures so that they align to the principles and policies listed above
- Liaise with the Chief Data Officer and other BU data offices to ensure overall Group data governance objectives are achieved when users use the A&I Platform. This includes guiding and helping data stewards perform their duties on the A&I Platform such as business glossary governance
- Providing consulting and training related to the data management areas of responsibilities.
- Link data management principles to our operational risk framework, and identify and escalate any data management issues appropriately
- Be able to provide a management (metricated) view of the overall state of data management on the platform e.g. What is the state of data quality on key applications, or what percentage of our data is not locked down from a data security perspective appropriately
- Work with delivery teams (both within A&I as well as partner teams across the organisation) to ensure they understand the process that needs to be followed.
What are looking for:
At least five years' experience in applied technology, business intelligence and/or analytics
- Leading small teams in a IT organisation
- Experience in a data governance, data management or data security role
- A flexible mindset and approach to putting the right data in the hands of the right resources according to our data management principles
- Strong communication, negotiation and facilitation skills, with proven ability to influence stakeholders in order to drive strategic business and technology outcomes
You are an analytics and data professional with a love of data and a passion for analytics. You are a thought leader and communicate your ideas simply and create clarity. You love to be part of a diverse and technical team and love to be part of a high performing culture.
AUS Eastern Daylight Time
AUS Eastern Daylight Time