Executive Manager, Enterprise Services – Control Assurance Program, Line 1 Risk
- Cutting edge technology platforms and the autonomy you need to shine
- Join a world leading technology and operations function.
- Sydney based in state of the art office space with flexible work options to suit your needs.
The Business Unit
Enterprise Services (ES) is responsible for the world leading application of technology and operations across every aspect of CommBank, from innovative product platforms for our customers to essential tools within our business. We also use technology to drive efficient and timely processing, an essential component of great customer service.
Our teams utilise process excellence principles to drive timely, error free processing which is an essential component of the value proposition we offer our customers. Each of us puts the customer at the centre of everything we do and we measure our performance against the Group’s external customer satisfaction measures.
The ES Line 1 Risk & Controls team is part of the broader Strategy and Performance team and consists of a Centre of Excellence (CoE), Risk Management & Engagement and Operational Risk teams. These teams work with the business, including Project and Portfolio Managers, Service Owners, Business Owners, Enterprise Procurement and Partnerships (EPP) and Digital Protection Group (DPG) to capture and assess technology and operational risks and test mitigating controls identified through major projects and change initiatives across the Group.
The ES Line 1 Risk & Controls team brings together specialist risk advice, including Risk Engagement, Supplier Risk, Controls Assurance and Risk in Change, to support the business in the delivery of their outcomes within an effective risk culture. We work closely with the business to deliver insights to enable effective decision making and provide assurance over controls
The Executive Manager, ES Control Assurance Program will lead the team accountable for delivering ES’s control evaluation, reporting and improvement function. The scope of the role encompasses technology controls, third party supplier controls, operational risk controls and compliance risk controls.
The Control Assurance Program is the primary mechanism within the first line of accountability to evaluate and improve the internal control environment. This team, and the Executive Manager role, are responsible for:
- Designing an effective and efficient approach for the evaluation of key control design and operational effectiveness
- Establishing effective reporting of control effectiveness to senior management and the Board
- Enabling control improvement and remediation, including control automation
- Enhancing the delivery of control testing processes including continuous control monitoring
- Leading an internal team, and co-sourced professional services team, in the delivery of the control assurance scope
- Educating the ES business on the effective design and delivery of controls aligned to risk appetite, internal policies, standards and responsibilities
- Maintaining effective relationships across the ES business, with Line 2 Risk Management, with Internal Audit and with External Audit
This role provides significant benefits including:
- Being a key member of the ES Line 1 Risk leadership team
- Having significant exposure to the ES leadership team
- Delivering reporting that is provided to executive leadership, the Board and Regulators
- Significant autonomy in the design and delivery of the control assurance program
- Significant influence in the transformation of the internal control environment
You will be highly experienced in risk management and control assurance practices with a likely background in audit, assurance or technology/ operational risk assurance. You will be confident in the design and application of control definition, evaluation and reporting processes.
You will be a confident, ambitious and visible leader. You will have experience in communicating with energy and purpose. You will be able to tailor your communications to executive management.
Your will have experience in motivating and leading a team of capable risk professionals. You will inspire, set purpose and manage delivery. You will support career development and advancement. You will have experience in the management of third party providers.
You will be energised and proud of the importance of control assurance. You will strive for control improvement, for accuracy in reporting and in the optimisation of control operation and evaluation processes.
Your background will include experience in auditing, you are likely to be a CA, or have certification in CISA or similar standards.
This is a highly rewarding, career minded opportunity that will lead you on to great things. With a supportive management structure and a fantastic work / life balance which offers flexible, full time, part time and job share work arrangements, the CBA will, in return for your skills and passion, offer you a challenging, varied and enjoyable opportunity and the autonomy to shine.
If you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great opportunities. Whether you want to move across the organisation or up into a leadership role, the way you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities are key. If you are seeking a new challenge, then please don't delay and apply now.
We are committed to building a respectful and inclusive workplace, appointing the best person for the role, supporting diversity across all areas. All information will be held in the strictest of confidence.
AUS Eastern Daylight Time
AUS Eastern Daylight Time