Expressions of Interest - Financial Crimes Analyst, Senior Financial Crimes Analyst, Managers
Job no: 1010289
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Sydney CBD Area
Categories: IT / Technology, Analytics, Analyst - Business / Technical
Commonwealth Bank is Australia's leading provider of financial services including retail, premium, business and institutional banking, funds management, superannuation, insurance, investment and share broking products and services. We are a business with more than 800,000 shareholders and over 52,000 employees.
Who We are
Financial Crime Analytics (FCA) is responsible for the maintenance of and enhancements to the Group's AML and Sanctions systems by way of data modelling and continual systems optimisation.
We are responsible for analysing financial crime data, implementing detection strategies which mitigate risk and prevent financial crime.
We support financial crime technology projects, this includes input into business requirements, solution design, and testing and change management.
Our team has a new strategy and has embarked on a journey from good to World Class. We aim to be World Class in capability, provide actionable insights that transform Group Operations, and be trusted partners and the team that everyone wants to work for
We have a number of requirements for Senior Analysts & Manager’s within this team, so if you come from an analytical background and have experience working within Financial Crimes, AML, Fraud or Sanctions – we want to hear from you!
Your responsibilities as a Senior Analyst
- Actively detect and manage emerging events, ensuring strategies are implemented which effectively manage associated risk.
- Drive operational cost efficiencies through reducing false positive and making sure the associate risk is still covered.
- Ability to build models to detect emerging trends.
- Build effective working relationships within Group Operations and Risk Management.
- Provide insights into trends and anomalies - including root cause.
- Ability to produce documentation as required.
- Understand the key priorities of our customers and demonstrate value add.
- Proactively use visual analytics to display insights to stakeholders.
- Ability to analyse and recommend mitigating strategies to emerging fraud trends within a short timeframe.
Who you are:
- Proficiency in data analytics tools and platforms like SAS, SQL and Teradata.
- Prior experience working within Financial Crimes, Fraud, Anti-Money Laundering or Sanctions
- Strong data analysis and data mining aptitude.
- Strong verbal and written communication skill and numeracy skills.
- Ability to document business requirements with high attention to detail
- Demonstrates initiative and strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- A demonstrated ability to work with business stakeholders to resolve issues.
- Experience in building models in Enterprise Miner / R.
- Familiarity with Agile Methodology
- Experience in using visual analytics.
- Experience in Risk management is desired not required.
The people, businesses and communities we serve are wonderfully diverse. To reflect this, we're committed to hiring a similarly diverse workforce. With a focus on inclusion, accessibility and flexibility, we'll support you at every stage of your career
If this sounds like you and you want to be a part of a team on the move, then express your interest in potential opportunities with CommBank today!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friendBack to search results