Risk Executive (Institutional Banking and Markets)
Job no: 40036374_03102018
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Perth CBD & West
Categories: Risk Management & Compliance
Do work that matters
You will be responsible for the risk management of a portfolio of clients within the Natural Resources sectors of the ICC team in Perth. The Perth Natural Resources ICC (Institutional Client Coverage) Risk team forms part of a larger national ICC Natural Resources Risk team.
You will ensure authorised frameworks and systems are effectively used in the management of risk/credit decisions so as to achieve an optimum outcome for the Group.
Note: This role is based in Perth.
See yourself in our team
Risk Management, Institutional Client Coverage (ICC) is a division within I&BB which specifically services the IB&M business in Australia and offshore in New Zealand, London, New York, Singapore, Hong Kong & Shanghai. ICC is structured along the following industry lines: Infrastructure; Health, Education and Government; Real Estate; Industrials and Logistics; Telecommunications, Media, Entertainment & Retail, and Natural Resources. It also includes a High Volume Corporate Team which services clients with exposures <$30M.
In any given week you will
- Be responsbile for a portfolio of Natural Resources including origination, periodic credit reviews, exposure monitoring and breach reporting.
- Work as part of deal teams to analyse clients, prepare credit submissions and provide risk recommendations. This will include providing guidance on deal structuring, approval processes and policies.
- Providing presentation of transactions as the accountable Risk Executive at various forums (including Industry Governance Forum, Review Panel and Executive Risk Committee).
- Understand the impact of industry issues and change in internal/external credit environments on the credit quality of clients in the IB&M portfolio.
- Provide superior service aligned with the client’s needs and the organisation’s business objectives. Be recognised as a respected adviser to business partners.
Your path looks like
If you live and breathe the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great career opportunities both within the Risk Management leadership team and beyond in the wider CommBank Group. We’ll help you find the next step that’s right for you and enable you to be your best.
We're interested in hearing from people who:
- The ability to understand lending structures and analyse the credit, product and operational risks on specific transactions.
- Substantial experience in a banking or risk management position.
- Demonstrated collaboration, influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Advanced presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Aptitude in financial modelling, together with strong analytical skills
- The capacity to work in a busy, commercial, competitive environment and the ability to meet objectives / targets and deliver customer service
- The ability to prioritise, remain calm under pressure and remain focused whilst dealing with an ever shifting set of priorities, so flexibility, adaptability and change responsiveness are essential attributes.
- Excellent /interpersonal/communication and people skills (eg initiative, discretion, confidence and good customer service techniques).
At ComBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value’s driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
W. Australia Standard Time
W. Australia Standard Time