Senior Manager Governance
Job no: 20165410_04102018
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Sydney CBD Area
Categories: Risk Management & Compliance
Do work that matters
The Controls and Customer Outcomes (CCO) team resides within the Retail Bank. CCO’s purpose is to drive sustainable enhancements to business practices and processes that deliver better outcomes for our customers, shareholders and the community.
The Governance team supports the Retail Banking Services Group Executive and leadership team to ensure that governance structures are effective, support sound decision making, meet business needs and provide appropriate evidence and documentation of decisions and escalation paths.
See yourself in our team
The Senior Manager Governance supports the Executive Manager to ensure governance structures support the Group Executive and leadership team to make timely, well informed business decisions via timely and accurate information.
The role will provide secretarial support to the governance committees, influence the line 1 operational risk and controls team and manage senior stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in governance or risk, have excellent organisational skills and has the ability to manage senior level stakeholders.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining the RBS governance committees
- Ongoing review of RBS governance structure to ensure that it is meeting business needs
- Preparing and maintaining a forward agenda of items to all meetings
- Timely and accurate distribution of papers and minutes
- Stakeholder engagement including liaison with committee members, presenters etc
- Influence the RBS Line 1 operational risk and controls team within RBS
- Provide coaching to the team on the Bank’s purpose and values and required skills, and embed expectation through inspection, observation, follow up and feedback
- Working with RBS wide teams to identify opportunities for business improvement, conducting analysis and process improvement.
We’re interested in hearing from people who:
- Strong background in governance or risk
- Technical Skills – strong technical skills and knowledge in operational risk management.
- Communication skills – Demonstrate a strong ability to read, analyse, and communicate written and verbal information.
- Negotiation and Influencing Skills – Demonstrates an ability to find solutions that are in the best interest of both the customer and CBA, using advanced questioning techniques. Is able to have difficult conversations with stakeholders that through professionalism will preserve the long-term relationship.
- Stakeholder engagement - Ability to engage with a large and varied stakeholder group.
- Strong organisational, planning, time management and project management skills.
At CommBank, we're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value's driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focussing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
AUS Eastern Daylight Time
AUS Eastern Daylight Time