Senior Manager – Conduct risk and transformation - Sydney, NSW
Job no: 40037661_17102018
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Sydney CBD Area
Categories: Business Banking, Risk Management & Compliance
Business & Private Bank (B&PB) offers a wide range of services and solutions to our small to medium, enterprise customers and our regional and agribusiness customers. We also take care of our personal and institutional online trading customers and our premium personal Private Banking customers.
We’re undergoing a rapid transformation and Risk Management is centre stage. You’ll be part of a movement where you’ll play an integral role in our ongoing commitment to do the right thing by our customers.
BE PART OF THE BIG PICTURE
The role sits in the BPB Line 1 Risk Management and Controls team, but will have oversight for the various BPB distribution teams, Regional and Agribusiness (RAB), Business & Corporate Banking (BCB), Small Business Banking (SBB) and Commonwealth Private (CP).
This position reports into the Executive Manager, BPB Conduct
with your primary contribution to implement, embed and maintain the conduct framework across BPB. This is a high visibility, high impact role with the opportunity to lead conduct risk management and customer advocacy initiatives to ensure consistently good customer outcomes.
Join us to deliver good customer outcomes by:
- Leading conduct initiatives including defining and delivering operational uplift and controls
- In collaboration with business partners, identifying the need for and owning the development of conduct capability
- Delivery of the Better Risk Outcomes Program customer outcomes stream requirements
- Developing conduct standards and principles and embedding them across BPB
- Developing conduct governance, reporting and metrics
- Providing guidance /advice to the business to ensure a consistent focus on good customer outcomes in BAU activity
YOU WILL POSSESS:
- Demonstrated organisational, project management/operational uplift skills including management of multi-disciplined teams (highly valued)
- Understanding of Corporate Banking (product value chains and end-to-end process management)
- Validated experience in influencing partners and consulting across all levels, functions and businesses
- Strong conceptual, analytical, research, problem solving skills and the ability to provide customer advocacy on improving business processes
- Creative and innovative business focus with the desire and ability to work in a new function, define it and embed it in the business
- Previous experience in a senior risk role in financial services, the conduct risk space and/or in management consulting will be highly regarded
OUR CULTURE OF INCLUSION
Your individuality is welcomed and openly encouraged in our workplace. These rare insights and different perspectives enable us to provide excellent customer service to an equally diverse customer base. With such a diverse workforce, we understand the importance of crafting and maintaining an inclusive culture where everyone feels safe and comfortable to be themselves at work. We believe in giving people a go and supporting those who want to drive their careers forward.
AUS Eastern Standard Time
AUS Eastern Standard Time