Senior Manager, Strategic Initiatives & Productivity
Job no: 20090260_30102018
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Sydney CBD Area
Categories: Relationship Management / Business Development, Product Management, Strategy, Analytics
- You’re a future thinker that lives and breathes strategy development
- We’re relentlessly focused on providing the best customer service experience
- Together we will work on the strategy to improve customer satisfaction and growth
Retail Banking Services (RBS) is the public face of CommBank, delivering a seamless banking experience for the future, to our 10 million + personal and small business customers. We offer market-leading products and services, supported by some of the world’s best systems and processes.
About the Team
The Everyday Accounts and Retail FX team within Everyday Banking manages the core transaction account, debit card, and retail FX (including Travel Money Card and foreign cash) products. This portfolio is at the heart of the Retail Bank’s franchise – an anchor product for customers who consider CBA to be their main financial institution.
The Strategic Projects & Operations team drive the costs management and continuous improvement agenda together with managing the technical operations for the Everyday Accounts & Retail FX team.
About the Role
You will provide critical support to the Everyday Accounts & Retail FX team in delivering positive customer, business and productivity outcomes. You will lead a team of 2 to deliver the end-to-end Everyday Accounts & FX strategic productivity plan.
In addition, you will:
- Develop and execute a multi-year strategic end-to-end productivity plan that drives the productivity culture to continuously improve and deliver positive customer and P&L outcomes.
- Facilitate regular forums across the business partner value chain to identify and discuss thematic productivity opportunities/trends in the business and provide guidance on key productivity matters that impact decision-making.
- Conduct “deep dives” into areas of potential opportunities – identified through DMAIC framework, external trends or at the request of the business or management. This involves planning, scoping and making recommendations for improvement on business strategy, projects and business processes.
- Lead a small team to achieve customer service and business outcomes through demonstrating strong leadership.
What will help you succeed?
- You will be a strong productivity technician, possessing deep knowledge of and experience in using the DMAIC framework.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to interpret & analyse, deduce and interrogate trends and issues.
- You will exhibit strong communication, commercial judgement, negotiation and influencing skills, with an ability to find solutions that are in the best interest of both the customer and CBA.
- Strong organisational, planning, time management and project management skills.
- Ability to build and leverage effective internal and external relationships given the wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability and passion to act as a 'change leader' in supporting transformational activities and creating a culture of continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of regulatory, banking and financial markets environments is also important.
We offer you the opportunity to expand your career surrounded by a skilled and successful group of individuals. Our remuneration packages are highly competitive and you will have access to a range of exclusive and exciting benefits.
AUS Eastern Daylight Time
AUS Eastern Daylight Time