Senior Product Risk Executive
Job no: 40041055_22112018
Business group: Business and Private Banking
Grade: CSEC CS3
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Sydney CBD Area
Categories: Risk Management & Compliance
Do work that matters
The Product Risk Management team (within Business & Private Bank) is accountable for the proactive management of product risk and controls including early identification, control testing, risk remediation and root cause analysis/prevention to ensure Product effectively and proactively delivers within our defined Risk Parameters. The products include Investment lending, derivatives, portfolio services and direct funds. Customers that use these products include retail and wholesale clients, direct and advised end clients, and internal and external financial advisors.
See yourself in our team
Superior risk management, and optimised customer experiences are foundational components of the CommSec strategy.
The purpose of this position is to support the CommSec Product & Customer Experience teams to lead and execute a range of initiatives that identify, mitigate, and/or effectively manage product risks and downstream processes whilst ensuring customer experiences are optimised.
Successful execution of the CommSec product risk management objectives will allow the business to achieve its strategic objectives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead and perform remediation of known issues and incidents
- Lead and execute delivery of regulatory and compliance related changes across the business
- Provide risk advice, review and challenge and perform risk in change over changes being implemented to ensure key projects, initiatives and BAU activities operate within defined risk appetite, risk framework, parameters and objectives
- Execute and maintain the operational risk and compliance monitoring and reporting programs, including relevant control design assessments, controls testing, risk profile refresh, risk reporting
- Identify emerging risk trends and proactively develop risk programs or risk activities required to ensure product and process readiness.
We’re interested in hearing from people who:
- Extensive experience in operational risk and compliance risk management experience or business risk role; Line 1 risk experience preferred.
- General experience in risk / business implementation.
- Team leadership and management skills - this role will have one to two direct reports.
- Understanding of equities, stockbroking and margin lending businesses and associated regulatory environments (ASX/ASIC) is desired.
- Solid experience in the financial services industry in a governance, operational risk, compliance or audit capacity.
- Proven experience in leading and executing risk-related projects and ensuring deliverables are within risk parameters, of high quality and within time and cost constraints.
- Proven experience in implementation and operationalising compliance obligations into business processes
- Proactive and self-starting individual with strong analytical capabilities, attention to detail and strong communication (verbal/written) skills (negotiation, influencing and conflict resolution).
At CommBank, we're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value's driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focussing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Apply now Back to search results