Senior Risk Associate (Stress Testing), Institutional Banking and Markets
Job no: 40041753_29112018
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Sydney CBD Area
Categories: Institutional Banking, Credit, Risk Management & Compliance
- You are flexible and resilient in ever changing circumstances
- We’re a team who love meeting a challenge head on
- Together we can help you be you and support your career development
Do work that matters
This role is primarily accountable for the design, execution and delivery of stress tests for IB&M. This includes the annual APRA and Group stress test, as well as the various industry/portfolio level stress tests.
In addition, the role is also expected to contribute in the design, creation and enhancement of fit-for-purpose stress test models for different level of stress tests.
See yourself in our team
Risk Management, Institutional Banking & Markets (IB&M) forms part of the Group Risk Management division, and specifically, it provides IB&M businesses with specialist risk services and advice.
Stress Testing is part of Chief Operating Officer (COO) team within IB&M Risk.
In any given week you will
The primary focus of the role is to undertake stress tests for the various industries and portfolios within IB&M, including:
- Assist and produce the required analysis and report in annual APRA and Group internal stress test. Liaise with stakeholders across modelling team, Group stress test, Risk and Business to invite feedback and provide appropriate analysis to address questions. Produce the stress test report and present to the stakeholders in business and risk to get sign off;
- Take lead in the end to end execution of IB&M industry and portfolio level stress test, including discussion with stakeholders to design the stress test scenario, choose the appropriate model to conduct the stress test, communicate the initial result with business and invite feedback, incorporate stakeholders’ suggestions into the process, summarise the findings and insight with analysis and present the results to the senior stakeholders in both risk and business;
- Explain the stress test result to stakeholders in a business context. Identify opportunities to improve portfolio management and reduce risk. Provide practical and actionable suggestions to improve risk adjusted return;
- Design and create fit for purpose stress test model and process. Conduct peer research to make sure our model and process are up to date with the industry practice and standard;
Your path looks like
If you live and breathe the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great career opportunities both within the Risk Management leadership team and beyond in the wider CommBank Group. We’ll help you find the next step that’s right for you and enable you to be your best.
We're interested in hearing from people who:
- Be able to explain stress test analytical results in a business context. Link the result with active portfolio management and provide actionable and practical suggestions to reduce risk and improve risk-adjusted returns.
- Good understanding of credit modelling (PD and LGD), risk management, risk concepts and processes. Knowledge of business and product preferable.
- Strong data analytical capabilities. Proficiency in SAS or similar statistical programs. Proficiency in SQL and Tableau viewed favourably.
- Be able to explain the stress test results in a business context. Link the result with active portfolio management and provide actionable and practical suggestions to reduce risk and improve risk adjusted return.
- Good communication and stakeholder skills. Experience of presentation to senior stakeholders.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver against tight deadlines.
- Experience working within financial services
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value’s driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
AUS Eastern Standard Time
AUS Eastern Standard Time