Strategy Manager - IB&M Strategy
- We are an innovative team driven to push the boundaries
- We operate as a strategic thought partner to industry leaders
- We are helping to build a better bank
Do work that matters
The IB&M Strategy team works on a diverse range of topics with the IB&M Leadership Team to develop the overall strategic direction for the business and ensure that we have a clear path to achieve our objective to be Australia’s leading institutional banking and markets business.
Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) is responsible for managing the Group’s relationships with major corporate and government clients and institutional investors, and provides a full range of capital raising, transactional and risk management products and services.
See yourself in our team
Reporting into the IB&M Strategy Leadership Team your role as Strategy Manager will be to work in consultation with the IB&M Leadership Team to set the strategy of the institutional bank and maintain a close working relationship with each business area.
You’ll have the chance to identify growth opportunities and constraints and the recommend innovative and achievable solutions to the challenges faced by the business. As Strategy manager you will lead strategic planning reviews for IB&M businesses and also lead strategic programs and/or work streams, taking accountability for key deliverables and driving the development of strategic solutions with the support of IB&M and Group businesses.
You then need to have the confidence to provide insights on joint venture and M&A opportunities available to IB&M and execution support where required.
In any given week you will
- Framing business issues and applying structured problem solving to facilitate and drive development of solutions
- Performing market, competitor and strategy specific research to develop and support hypotheses
- Financial modelling, data analysis and business case preparation to support recommendations
- Synthesizing findings and developing compelling, structured business presentations that clearly articulate recommendations and act as a solid foundation for decision making
- End-to-end management of strategic projects including multiple stakeholders
- Identifying opportunities for the IB&M Strategy team to add value to the business and play a key role in developing the team’s pipeline
We're interested in hearing from people who have
- Top tier management consulting background or equivalent professional or industry experience
- Excellent strategic thinking skills, including a structured approach to problem solving
- Strong oral and written communication skills. This will be reflected in your ability to express insights and recommendations in a logical and concise way
- Strong numerical/quantitative skills and ability to apply those skills to financial model development and formation of business case recommendations
- Strong business acumen and knowledge of current market issues
- Ability to engage stakeholders to ensure shared understanding, expectations and buy in for recommendations
- Strong project management ability including timeline management, project initiation / closure and issue anticipation and resolution
- Ability to drive results through facilitating effective decision making, setting goals and measuring progress, and an open minded approach to receiving and supporting the ideas of others
- A strong team player mindset, including recognizing and rewarding the accomplishments of others
- A positive attitude coupled with an ability to be tenacious, resourceful and adaptable to situations requiring change
We get things done. We’re results-focused and committed to ensuring the delivery of quality outcomes. By driving strategic initiatives across the Group we’re improving the financial wellbeing of our customers and communities, as well as building a better bank.
We are big picture thinkers that deliver. Our switched-on team is comprised of a group of high calibre strategists that are in high-demand. Well-respected, both internally and externally, we consistently deliver world-class outcomes.
If this sounds like you apply now!
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value’s driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
AUS Eastern Daylight Time
AUS Eastern Daylight Time