Manager Line 1 Operational Risk & Controls - Singapore (12 month Contract)
The Commonwealth Bank Group (the Group) is one of Australia’s leading organisations providing integrated financial services to more customers than any other Australian bank. Our customers are at the centre of everything we do and we are determined to be better than we ever have been.
The Bank's market presence in Asia has been established to provide leading financial services to financial institutions, corporate and multinationals.
Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) is responsible for managing the Group’s relationships with major corporate and government clients and institutional investors, and provides a full range of capital raising, transactional and risk management products and services. IB&Ms International business offers a range of capital raising, trade finance and risk management products and services to institutional clients through our offices in New Zealand, USA, Europe and Asia
The International Operations team ensure that ensure the business is fit for purpose by driving the execution if IB&M’s strategy, providing project governance, creating management tools, championing productivity, and supporting the International Leadership drive each region’s contribution to IB&M goals.
The International Line 1 operational risk team is accountable for providing comprehensive and integrated risk management service and advice, as well as coordinating and implementing effective risk management activities under the Operational Risk Management Framework across IB&M International.
Our objective is to proactively drive and strengthen the risk management culture within IB&M’s International Operations.
Strength (Risk Management): Work within the International Operations team to understand the operational risks and embed effective controls.
Customer Focus: Our objective is to support and work co-operatively with all the teams in the branch to ensure the highest standards of customer experience.
People: The role will involve interaction across all business areas of IB&M and collaboration with Line 2 risk management, Line 3 audit and relevant external parties. Work with branch management to build a strong risk management culture across the business
- Contribute to the provision of a comprehensive and integrated risk management service and advice, where appropriate co-ordinate and implement effective risk management activities under the Operational Risk Management Framework across IB&M. This includes:
- Advisory – support the provision of commercial and pragmatic advice on policy, procedure, governance and risk management issues.
- Governance/ Reporting – Assist with the preparation of reporting of risk activities including risk governance forums, attendance and participation. Ensure country management and International business management have appropriate and timely reporting on risk to facilitate effective management.
- Risk Profiles – Assist in the preparation and co-ordination for IB&M ensuring that risks are being managed on an ongoing basis.
- Issues/ Incident Management – support proactive identification, mitigation and monitoring of risk items ensuring risks are managed within appetite.
- Support the maintenance of appropriate controls to allow the business to manage operational risk.
- Act as an effective member of the Line 1 Risk team in location and collaborate with teams in IB&M or Group on any IB&M or Group Wide risk and control enhancements. This would include remediation of identified weaknesses and the consistent and effective application of the risk framework.
- Perform operational risk testing on controls in the business.
- Assist in the production of regular management information to inform senior management in IB&M on operational risk and control framework.
What Will Help You Succee
- An understanding of the Institutional Banking/Corporate Banking environment and associated product
- Knowledge of Regulatory Requirements and Internal Controls/Policies
- Ability to analyse trends, identify critical threats and opportunities, diagnose problems and issues and then recommend appropriate actions dealing with the underlying root causes.
- Stakeholder management skills, including an ability to clarify and work with resistance.
- Influencing skills and ability to communicate with different levels of management and diverse stakeholder groups.
- Tertiary Qualification or Equivalent
- Experience in an Operational Risk, Compliance, AML/Sanctions or Risk based role in Commercial / Institutional Banking
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value’s driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focussing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
Singapore Standard Time
Singapore Standard Time