Staff Engineer- Big Data Engineering
- Work with some of the most cutting edge Big Data technologies
- Join one of the largest Data Engineering practices in Australia
- A unique career progression on offer!
About the Role:
This role would be ideal for an experienced Software Development Manager with strong hands on coding expertise, who has proven background in building software solutions in the Big Data. Reporting into the Executive Manager – Data Engineering, you’ll work in consultation with business stakeholders, including Project Sponsors, Benefits Sponsor, Change Owner and Project Steering Group, Project and Program Managers, Solution Delivery Managers and Solution Designers. You will come from a software engineering background with recent experience in data engineering projects and big data techno stack. If you are a passionate technical leader with a keen desire to remain hands on, then we would love to hear from you !
What you will bring into this role?
- Strong previous experience in leading software engineering teams, specifically performing team management roles and expertise with driving technical leadership initiatives
- Solid skills in delivering data engineering projects using Hadoop and Spark, for large scale distributed data storage systems, delivering reliable big data solutions that are fit for purpose and perform well with large data volumes and can handle complex data transformation rules.
- Demonstrated expertise in hands on coding, designing APIs, backend and integration based coding components in Java, Python and Scala, along with a strong exposure in real time streaming using Apache Kakfa.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate, educate and influence stakeholders, passionate to solve challenging data centric problems while collaboratively working with multiple cross functional teams and leadership groups
- Positive leadership and mentoring skills, along with a strong ‘can do’ attitude to juggle between constantly changing priorities
- Promote and adhere with state of art coding standards and best Agile practices to ensure high quality outcomes with minimum risks
What’s in it for you?
- You will constantly contribute to thought leadership, enabling analytics teams to deliver world class data centric solutions
- We offer a very progressive career pathway which will help you champion sustainable and re-usable data product while remaining hands-on while climbing up the ladder
- Flexible work options to help support your work life balance and well-being!
- A fantastic team culture and unique career progression is on offer for the right candidate
People & Culture
The people, businesses and communities we serve are wonderfully diverse. To reflect this, we’re committed to hiring a similarly diverse workforce. With a focus on inclusion, accessibility and flexibility, we’ll support you at every stage of your career.
Your Development & Career Progression
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value’s driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focussing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
For further information, please contact Padma Arni in the Talent Acquisition Team.
AUS Eastern Standard Time
AUS Eastern Standard Time
To apply later, you can use the Share buttons below. Please only select ‘Refer a friend’ to highlight the opportunity to your connections outside of Commonwealth Bank.