Credit Risk Analyst
Job no: 40042664_10122018
Business group: Retail Banking Services
Grade: CBA MA
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Sydney CBD Area
Categories: IT / Technology, Analytics, Analyst - Business / Technical
Retail Banking Services (RBS) is the public face of CommBank, delivering a seamless banking experience for the future, to our 10 million + personal customers.
Within RBS, the Retail Products Credit Risk team develops and implements credit strategies for all Unsecured retail credit products including Credit Cards, Personal Loans and personal Overdrafts. These strategies span the entire consumer lifecycle from pre-marketing to customer management, including collection of overdue amounts.
Our vision is to make every decision to manage credit with our customers as streamlined and smart as possible.
What will your impact be?
- Develop and monitor strategies to optimise decisions for the portfolio;
- Undertake analytical deep dives on portfolio performance;
- Hypothesis led analytics to understand and assess risk strategy performance, identify opportunities to improve our collection and customer contact strategies and formulate enhancement initiatives;
- Generate insight and analysis to understand our existing strategies and formulate new strategies;
- Data extraction and analysis; and
- Provide timely and accurate advice to key business stakeholders (including Product, Operations and Risk).
See yourself in our team. We’re interested in hearing from people who have:
- Preferred background in Data Analytics, Credit Risk and/or Data Science with a Financial Services organisation;
- Proficiency in data manipulation (using SAS and SQL, or experience with similar tools) and ability to convert large data sets into business insights;
- Sound business acumen and an appreciation of the importance of positive customer experiences;
- Experience in formulating and communicating ideas to senior management; and
- Degree in relevant discipline (qualifications in areas such as Economics, Statistics, Maths, Actuarial studies, Engineering or similar is preferred).
If this role is of interest and sounds great to you, apply now!
Where to from here?
This role will give you the opportunity to understand the largest Retail Bank in Australia from a unique and analytical perspective. You will have the ability to grow within the team, gain exposure to senior management and have access to other roles across Retail Products and Risk Management. You will also benefit from working with our business partners in Product, Analytics, Marketing, Operational Risk, Credit Systems, Compliance, Pricing, and Capital and Provisioning, which will give you the ability to progress your career, whichever path you chose.
The people, businesses and communities we serve are wonderfully diverse. To reflect this, we're committed to hiring a similarly diverse workforce. With a focus on inclusion, accessibility and flexibility, we'll support you at every stage of your career.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Apply now Refer a friendBack to search results