- Exciting opportunity to work on a transaction and be a part of shaping a new business
- Promote a culture within HR that establishes risk and compliance as a foundation in the way we operate
- Together we’re supporting our Group’s commitment to Risk Management
See yourself in our team:
Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA) is Australia’s leading provider of integrated financial services, including retail, premium, business and institutional banking, funds management, superannuation, insurance, investment and share-broking products and services.
In June 2018, CBA announced its intention to demerge businesses within the wealth management division and mortgage broking businesses into a separately listed financial services company (NewCo).
As we progress this important project to establish NewCo and separate the relevant businesses from the CBA Group, we are seeking people who can make an immediate impact, with a proven ability to perform in fast-paced and high-pressure environments and who can prioritise work and meet strict deadlines.
The demerger will be a significant milestone in CBA’s - and Australia’s - corporate history. This is an opportunity to work on a unique and exciting project to establish a listed company that will help customers to reach their retirement lifestyle and home ownership goals.
NewCo will be a listed wealth management and mortgage broking business (likely one of the top 100 ASX-listed companies by market capitalisation) with approximately 2,500 FTE, comprised of a diversified and complementary set of businesses:
- Colonial First State: a leading superannuation, investment and retirement solutions and platform business with over $135 billion of funds under administration and looking after the retirement needs of over 1 million Australians.
- Aussie Home Loans: Australia’s leading mortgage broking business with c. 215 retail stores around Australia and over 1,000 mortgage broker partners
- Count Financial and Financial Wisdom: aligned, distinctly focused financial advice businesses together supporting c. 770 financial advisers and c. 360 member practices nationwide
- Minority shareholdings in ASX-listed companies CountPlus and Mortgage Choice
Do work that matters
- Conduct risk in change assessment (Project HR Stream) to ensure appropriate operational and regulatory compliance risks are captured
- Complete the RiC assessments with appropriate sign offs/approvals, and manage control and related information
- Design and implement processes, controls and remediation actions to mitigate risks identified through RiC
- Engage with the project teams to provide ongoing risk support throughout the life cycle of change initiatives
- Ensure the delivered risk position identified is transitioned appropriately into BAU by ensuring appropriate controls are considered prior to the transition
- Establish ongoing relationships with key teams to understand the pipeline of HR Line 1 RiC support
- Partner with relevant business stakeholders across the Group or the Project team to facilitate the provision of timely risk advice
We’re interested in hearing from people who:
- Have experience in risk related roles
- Have experience in operational, change and delivered risks
- Are experienced working in multi-stakeholder business environments
- Have excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Have experience with open communication and information sharing within a consultative management role
- Have project or program work-stream leadership experience
- Possess excellent communication skills – experience in communicating effectively when short and sharp, or in expressing complexity in a clear, logical format
Why you should join our team
- We are passionate. People who join our team have the sharpest skills and experience but, above all, they live and breathe our values.
If you are a passionate Risk Leader and keen to join our dynamic Project Team then we would love to hear from you!
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value’s driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focussing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
AUS Eastern Daylight Time
AUS Eastern Daylight Time