Credit Risk Executive - Shanghai (12 month contract
The Commonwealth Bank Group (the Group) is one of Australia’s leading organisations providing integrated financial services to more customers than any other Australian bank. Our customers are at the centre of everything we do and we are determined to be better than we ever have been.
The Bank's market presence in Asia has been established to provide leading financial services to financial institutions, corporate and multinationals. In addition to this, the Bank also provides migrant banking services.
Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) is responsible for managing the Group’s relationships with major corporates, Financial Institutions and government clients providing a full range of capital raising, transactional and risk management products and services.
Risk Management, Institutional Banking & Markets (IB&M Risk) The IB&M Risk team is responsible for providing risk management services to IB&M’s global operations across Australia, Asia, Europe and North America. This includes the identification and assessment of key risks that could impact the way in which the IB&M business achieves its objectives, and ensuring these are mitigated as appropriate.
International Risk is a division within IB&M Risk which specifically provides Credit Risk services to the IB&M business in international offices across Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, Tokyo, London and New York.
Your impact & contribution
Manage a portfolio of client accounts within IB&M China to ensure authorised frameworks and systems are effectively used in the management of risk/credit decisions so as to achieve an optimum outcome for the Group.
You will approve credit exposures within your delegated personal credit approval authority / recommend for approval where higher level approvals are required whilst working closely with Greater China credit risk team as well as Industry risk teams in IB&M.
- Contribution to Profit / Business
- Provide early advice to the business on risk appetite, transaction structuring and risk processes on China related (including both onshore and offshore) credit proposals originating from IB&M, in order to ensure positive outcomes are delivered for both the Bank and customer in an efficient manner. This requires individuals to be an active Deal Team member in developing, negotiating, and approving transactions
- Assess key risk issues in transactions presented. This requires a detailed assessment of transaction fundamentals including asset quality/business risks, regulatory regime, contractual framework, cashflow analysis and security structure
- Use systems to analyse, prepare, review, recommend or approve credit on proposals.
- Monitor exposure excesses and ensure credit data integrity for the names under coverage.
- Understand relevant industry issues / country risk issues which might impact on external and internal credit environments affecting credit quality and recommend appropriate changes
- Client/Internal Client/Business Partners:
- Provide superior service aligned with the client’s [and partner's] needs and the organization’s business objectives. Contribute to business development through participation in internal/external client meetings and identifying ancillary opportunities
Your skills & experience:
We are seeking a motivated and confident individual with -
- At least 7 year experience either in an origination or credit capacity with relevant analytical experience in credit analysis for Chinese large corporates/SOEs at reputable foreign banks
- Strong analytical ability to analyse quantitative and qualitative data for companies/industry sectors, perform historical financial analysis/projections and prepare credit application paper and make approval recommendation to credit approver
- Be able to work independently but also as a strong team player and be able to build/maintain collaborative relationships with Client Coverage Group/Product teams, as well as other support functions such as Compliance, Finance and Operations
- Experience in credit analysis on Chinese financial Leasing companies, Structured Trade Finance transactions for Chinese POE names is desirable
- Tertiary qualification in accounting, finance or related discipline.
- Fluent in both spoken/written English and Putonghua necessary.
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value’s driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focussing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
China Standard Time
China Standard Time