Senior Manager Risk Compliance - 6 months contract
Job no: 40046331_09012019
Work type: Contract/Secondment
Location: Sydney CBD Area
Categories: Financial Planning, Risk Management & Compliance
Do work that matters
Commonwealth Financial Planning (CFP) is the internal financial planning business of the Bank. It offers quality financial advice to customers through approximately 500 planners employed by the Group operating in the branch network.
In CFP, Quality Advice is delivered by professional advisers that is tailored to meet the needs and goals of our customers and help them plan for the best.
See yourself in our team
The Risk Management & Compliance team provide a comprehensive risk service, including risk management advice, co-ordination and completion of risk activities that enables CFP to manage its risk and enables the business to provide more advice to more Australians within the business risk appetite.
Focusing on practical development and implementation policies and procedures that assist planners deliver quality advice efficiently and within the risk appetite of the business. It will also require you to identify and address key risk and controls including those associated to new/changed processes or business model, particularly the identification of any gaps or breakdowns in the control environment.
This opportunity is initially offered as a 6 months Fixed Term Agreement.
- Lead a team that provides support in identifying and developing compliance, technical and process advice & policies.
- Provide Compliance Subject Matter Expert (SME) support
- Ensure practical implementation of changes to the legislative environment.
- Assist in designing and developing new processes and suppliers to enhance the adviser experience
- Assist in designing and documenting the supervision and monitoring process for the licensee where new regulatory developments have been released.
- Contribute to risk reporting to the Licensee Risk Committee, to build awareness and understanding of risks, issues and opportunities and ways to manage these at the required level.
- Engage of key business stakeholders, building relationships between the business and compliance to support the development and delivery (including communication) of relevant education associated with legislative, compliance, technical or process change.
To be successful in role, you will have:
- Experience in Wealth Management, Wealth Advice or Risk / Compliance management within Financial Services
- Extensive experience in Financial Planning, understanding of the planning and process and understanding of the regulatory documentation requirements.
- Understanding of current Advice policies, operating procedures and processes and the associated risks of the advice business is highly desirable.
- Degree or equivalent tertiary qualification in finance and/or financial planning is required
- Diploma of Financial Planning providing RG146 qualification is required
- Demonstrated experience leading a team in the delivery of quality outcomes
Please note this role may be filled prior to advertising end date.
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value’s driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focussing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
AUS Eastern Daylight Time
AUS Eastern Daylight Time