Financial Crimes Senior Risk Analyst
Job no: 40046443_11012019
Work type: Contract/Secondment
Location: Sydney CBD Area
Categories: Risk Management & Compliance
Do work that matters
Business and Private Banking (B&PB) secures and enhances the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. Business & Private Bank (B&PB) offer a wide range of services and solutions to our small to medium, enterprise customers and our regional and agribusiness customers. We also take care of our personal and institutional online trading customers and our premium personal Private Banking customers.
Commonwealth Bank’s CommSec Division provides retail and wholesale clients access to online broking and investment products, as well as third party investment propositions and geared solutions through its two businesses: CommSec, Australia’s leading online broker and CommSec Adviser Services, Australia’s leading wholesale online trading and adviser services provider.
See yourself in our team
In this role, you will support the CommSec Financial Crime Program of Action to deliver control and process enhancements to enable the business to effectively and efficiently manage its financial crime risks, this will include:-
- Design and refinement of Transaction Monitoring (TM) rules
- Triage and investigation of possible suspicious activity, including escalation to relevant Group financial crimes team
- Development of processes and controls, including update of Standard Operating Procedures to align to Group Policy
- Issues management and assistance with remediation plans
The role reports directly to the Senior Financial Crimes Risk Executive within the Product & Customer Experience team. You will be required to maintain and build productive relationships with key stakeholders across the CommSec and broader BPB and Group stakeholders. We are seeking high performing individuals who are passionate about building a career with CBA.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Support the CommSec and broader BPB Program of Action and delivery of key workstreams
- Support the delivery of CommSec’s Transaction Monitoring program
- Support definition of TM rules and rules refinement, including maintenance of relevant rule documentation
- Test financial crime processes including rules, alerts and controls, this will include business verification testing, post implementation reviews and user acceptance testing
- Identify and implement control enhancements
- Design supporting TM monitoring and triage processes, including SOP development and change management
- Prepare regular reporting to provide CommSec Leadership and relevant risk forums with insights on gaps, trends and emerging risk areas
We’re interested in hearing from people who have:
- Experience in AML/CTF, Financial Crime & Sanctions operations
- Strong experience in transaction monitoring – rules definition, rules testing, triaging and monitoring
- Strong attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Strong change management and proven experience in process improvements
- Demonstrated analytical thinking, ability to make decisions and solve problems rapidly
- Highly capable and agile in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong internal and external customer service ethic and focus
- Solid experience in financial services and stockbroking industry or equivalent, preferable
- Must be comfortable in working with data, people and a lot of change
- Sound understanding of the AML/CTF & Sanctions obligations
- Previous experience as a Senior Analyst, particularly in a transaction monitoring capacity
- Highly developed or advanced written and Oral communication skills
At CommBank, we're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value's driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focussing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
AUS Eastern Daylight Time
AUS Eastern Daylight Time