Senior Financial Crimes Risk Executive - 12 Month Contract
Job no: 40046506_11012019
Work type: Contract/Secondment
Location: Sydney CBD Area
Categories: Risk Management & Compliance
Do work that matters
The Product & Customer Experience team has been created to better deliver customer solutions and sustained business performance through product development, product management and end-to-end business processes for CommSec and CommSec Advisor Services (CAS). The Product Risk team is accountable for the proactive management of product risk and controls to ensure Product proactively delivers within defined Risk Parameters.
This role will support the CommSec Financial Crimes Program of Action to strengthen the control environment. The Program is accountable for the review and delivery of Financial Crime enhancements.
See yourself in our team
The purpose of this position is to support the CommSec Product & Customer Experience teams to lead and execute a range of initiatives that identify, mitigate, and/or effectively manage product risks and downstream processes whilst ensuring customer experiences are optimised.
We are seeking high performing individuals who are passionate about building a career with CBA.
In this role, you will:
- Support the CommSec and BPB Financial Crime Program of Action
- Lead delivery of certain Program of Action streams
- Provide financial crimes risk guidance in design of processes, controls and implementation of change across the business
- Lead the embedding of CommSec’s Financial Crime Compliance program.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead delivery of certain streams of the program of action, e.g. transaction monitoring, customer due diligence, anti-bribery and corruption, etc.
- Provide financial crimes risk advice and support to the business and to other streams of the program of action more broadly
- Provide insights to the CommSec / BPB business leads including presenting at Risk Governance Forums.
- Ensure current CommSec Financial Crimes risks & controls are captured in Riskinsite and subject to regular testing
- Work closely with the Group Financial Crimes Advisory and Assurance teams and research industry trends to provide CommSec with Financial Crime insights and focus areas.
- Contribute to process efficiency and productivity by identifying new opportunities to improve processes, reduce risks and improve financial crime compliance.
- Manage senior relationships across multiple stakeholder groups.
- Support the Product Risk Management team in the execution of risk and control activities in accordance with the team’s mandate and agreed strategic roadmap.
- Advocate for risk culture improvements through direct and indirect influencing across CommSec.
- Coach and mentor team members
We’re interested in hearing from people who:
- Experience in a compliance, AML / CTF, Transaction Monitoring, Sanctions and ABC role
- Thorough understanding of the financial crime regulatory framework with deep technical knowledge of the AML / CTF, Sanctions and ABC risk environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Solid experience in financial services and stockbroking industry or equivalent
- Proven experience in implementing legislative changes and ability to assess and identify solutions for the business
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Project delivery and change delivery experience
At CommBank, we're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value's driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focussing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
AUS Eastern Daylight Time
AUS Eastern Daylight Time