Senior Analyst - Strategy and Analytics
Job no: 20160584_06022019
Retail Banking Services
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Sydney CBD Area
Categories: Personal Lending & Home Loans, Strategy, Analytics, Analyst - Business / Technical
- We are building a best in class home buying experience
- We are delivering innovative customer solutions
- We offer a collaborative, fun and flexible work environment
See yourself in our team?
Our Home Buying team has end-to-end responsibility for the Commonwealth Bank’s home loans business. Your work will have a direct impact on our team’s ability to meet our customers’ needs for home finance and advice. You will be part of our collective vision to build the best end-to-end home buying experience, while building and maintaining the best distribution assets as well as delivering profitable growth.
Home Buying Pricing & Product team supports this vision by applying world-class risk management practices to achieve the team’s objective: positioning the Home Loan portfolio for sustainable profitable growth.
Do work that matters
- Through your understanding of home loan policy and strategy you will play a key role in the optimisation and growth of this portfolio
- Your skills in analytics and reporting will provide to our stakeholders comprehensive management information on portfolio, segment and business performance
- You will ensure credit policy and processes are simple and easy to implement, which will have a positive influence on new product development and improved customer service initiatives
- You will conduct extensive data extraction and data mining to ensure the implementation of all strategy changes are successful
- You will efficiently monitor the use of home loan specific models ensuring the team are optimising these models
What will help you succeed in this role?
- You have extensive experience in analytics/modelling/business intelligence, employing a broad variety of tools, techniques & systems
- You are passionate about solving challenging business problems by combining business acumen with data driven insights
- You are tertiary qualified in a Mathematics/Finance/Statistics/Economics discipline
- You have previous experience in credit with a financial institution
- You are confident using & extracting raw data from large data warehouses via (Teradata) SQL/SAS etc. and enjoy delving into data to find insights, trends and root causes
- You are comfortable navigating and managing complex systems and large datasets
- You have experience in coding languages such at SAS, SQL, or similar, you can generate repeatable optimised code and interpret existing code
- You look forward to explaining complex analysis in an easy to understand manner to stakeholders
- You are passionate about learning; you enjoy sharing new ideas and techniques with others to come up with innovative solutions to problems
- You are motivated and driven, volunteer to take on new challenges, like to take ownership and want to make a difference and contribution
At CommBank, we're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value's driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focussing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
For further information, please contact Katie Cruickshanks in the Talent Acquisition Team.
AUS Eastern Daylight Time
AUS Eastern Daylight Time
To apply later, you can use the Share buttons below. Please only select ‘Refer a friend’ to highlight the opportunity to your connections outside of Commonwealth Bank.