Relationship Executive Portfolio Management, Brisbane CBD
Job no: 20060055_06022019
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: QLD Brisbane City Area
Categories: Relationship Management / Business Development, Business Banking
- Are you a relationship builder who is passionate about nurturing a client base and building new business?
- We are proud to support mid-market businesses across Australia. Together we can lead businesses to tomorrow.
- Lead a high-value portfolio and build your brand in the Brisbane City CBD
See yourself in our team
Small Business Banking provides a comprehensive range of services to the Banks small business clients. These clients are defined as having ‘non-complex’ aggregated debt facilities of less than $10million.
The objective of Small Business Banking is to provide customized products and services for clients with commercial finance needs.
The Broker and Agency Sales (BAS) team is responsible for originating and executing the full range of financing needs of accredited broker sourced clients' financing.
Do Work That Matters
To work with accredited commercial brokers to originate and execute profitable new lending business for Broker, Agency and Specialist Sales (BAS).
The role will assist in the rapid growth of business originated via the commercial broking channel to position BAS as a leading financial services provider to this channel.
The Relationship Executive manages a portfolio of clients with a focus on growing profitable business through developing new business opportunities.
More specifically, you will:
- Provide input to and takes responsibility for implementation of relevant strategic initiatives to position the Bank to win new business and new clients and develops all client relationships to ensure that the Bank provides the majority of each client’s financial needs.
- Retain existing clients, to ensure a base for growth and manages actual results against agreed plans.
- Actively pursue the identification of opportunities to assist clients meet their day to day financial needs and medium term goals by gaining an in depth understanding of client needs and enlisting the involvement of product specialists in client brainstorming and delivering financial solutions.
- Negotiates commercial terms of transactions with clients and oversees progress of deal execution through to conclusion to ensure timely and efficient delivery of clients’ requirements.
- Engages clients in the course of facility negotiation/documentation to ensure relationship continuity/responsibility is delivered in the client’s time-frame and satisfies their financial needs.
- Maintains close liaison with Risk Management, promoting an in depth understanding of the client and of transaction proposals to ensure the maximum efficiency in obtaining Risk approvals in support of business objectives.
- Plans a calling program for existing and prospective clients that addresses client’s needs and provides appropriate financial solutions and prepares call reports outlining issues and opportunities arising from client meetings within 24 hours of each call to ensure close of sale.
- Build a network of local internal and external contacts to assist the origination of new business, new clients and the gathering of competitive intelligence.
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Extensive experience in running a client portfolio with proven business originations outcomes
- Extensive knowledge of bank products and financial services products and services
- Numerical / analytical ability and accuracy
A tertiary qualification in Business/Finance and/or Commerce would be highly regarded.
This is an excellent chance to build on and progress your career in a growing and successful business.
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value’s driven organization, we nurture and support our people; through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial well-being of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
We value you and won't leave you hanging. Our advertising closes Monday 25th February 2019 but expect to hear back from us within a week of the closing date. Best of luck.
Have a question about your application, our process or what happens next? Click here for some of the most commonly asked questions about applying for a role at CommBank.
E. Australia Standard Time
E. Australia Standard Time