Job no: 20145566_12022019
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: QLD Brisbane North Area
Categories: Business Banking, Corporate Banking
- Flexible Location- North Brisbane or Sunshine Coast
- Work with a highly experienced team
- Together we can enhance the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities
See yourself as part of our team
Business & Private Bank (B&PB) offer a wide range of services and solutions to our small to medium, enterprise customers and our regional and agribusiness customers. We also take care of our personal and institutional online trading customers and our premium personal Private Banking customers.
Business & Corporate Banking (BCB) is the relationship-focussed part of the Business and Private Banking (BPB) division of the Commonwealth BanThe BCB team is dedicated to personally servicing the financial needs of Australian businesses at all stages of their lifecycle, with turnover between $1m-$500m.
BCB consists of 5 state based teams, a national specialist solutions team and a strategy and specialist industries team.
Do work that matters
This Analyst role is a member of a Relationship Management Analyst team and supports the Relationship Manager/Executive team through value add solutions. The key purpose of this role is to research, analyse and develop a comprehensive database of client/industry specific information, ideas and solutions. This entails undertaking financial modelling and analysis and assessing the risks/opportunities on new lending, as well as assessing the risks associated with increases in client credit. The Analyst is passionate about customer service and focused on achieving our goal of being number 1 in client satisfaction.
You will also focus on:
- Deliver exceptional customer service in all dealings, as reflected in a positive lift in various survey results
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with the dedicated Client Service Centre team, Risk Management, Global Markets, Banking Products, Asset Finance Specialists and Specialist Distribution and ensure the portfolio team deliver exceptional insights and services to its client(s)
- Works closely with relevant product specialists on idea and solution development
- Analysts will become involved, engaged and participate in the Service and Sales framework including sales meetings, team debriefs and other associated activities
- Write, negotiate and manage credit applications for new and existing clients, undertaking due diligence, financial modelling and risk analysis
- Manage the portfolio’s data quality, compliance and daily reporting requirements
- Undertakes detailed analysis of client and industry specific information focusing on the key financial drivers of each client in order to effectively meet their needs
- Complex / risk / lending maintenance
- Prepare concise and well-reasoned credit correspondence
- Focus on quality, credit management, portfolio monitoring, total revenue growth and the minimising of credit and operational losses
- Completion of credit submissions and annual reviews to ensure the timely delivery of decisions, documentation and funding to the client and the accuracy of information on source systems
- Proactively manage the portfolios pipeline and financial reporting
- Assist the Relationship Executive in better understanding the client’s business and needs, and link this with the formulation of the client relationship strategy, through research and analysis of portfolio and market data and understanding of the Group’s product range
- Maintain and analyse database of client and industry information to pro-actively recommend to the Relationship Executive ideas and solutions for their respective client base
- Sound commercial acumen, judgement and quality conversations with clients and internal stakeholders
To help us deliver a better future for Business Banking, you will ideally have:
- Strong Excel skills and experience in performing financial modelling
- Self-motivation with a strong work ethic, attention to detail
- The ability to function independently and as a part of a team
- Sound financial analysis skills
- Experience in understanding the operational drivers of a business and how they relate to the financial drivers of that business;
- The ability to quickly grasp commercial transactions and analyse the benefits of the idea of specific client circumstances;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships, along with excellent planning and organization skills.
- Desirable - Sales/customer service/relationship management experience in accountancy, finance, banking related role.
- Tertiary Qualifications in Accounting or related discipline
At CBA, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value’s driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CBA you can be you.
E. Australia Standard Time
E. Australia Standard Time