Senior Manager Arbitration, Representments, and Merchants Services | South Eveleigh
Job no: 40020010_13022019
Work type: Permanent full time
Categories: Relationship Management / Business Development, Processing Improvement & Operations, Risk Management & Compliance
- You’re an experienced and inspirational people leader looking for the next exciting challenge
- We’re a bunch of passionate people who love pushing the boundaries for our customers
- The job is stimulating, innovative and collaborative – the only thing missing is You
Do work that Matters
Group Operations performs most of the Bank’s support and fulfilment functions and is one of three key Enterprise Services business areas responsible for the running of services.
Processing Service performs most in life maintenance activities for business units across the both CBA and Bankwest. It is also responsible for Cash and ATM services as well as a service contact centre for brokers and solicitors.
The Senior Manager Arbitration, Representment, and Merchant Services will be responsible for all merchant scheme related disputes and scheme representation and arbitration activities across the CBA brand. This will comprise 3 key teams:
- Arbitration Services
- Representment Services
- Merchant Services
The Senior Manager Arbitration, Representment, and Merchant Services position is an important role responsible for ensuring people, process and technology changes are embedded successfully and the business operations are run effectively, meeting all the essential metrics and measures of success. This role will operate as a 2IC or a chief role for the run EM. The Senior Manager will be responsible for coordinating service performance, escalated customer matters, reporting and project and change embedding.
More specifically your main duties will include:
- Leadership and management of 40+ operations staff who report to 3 Managers. Incorporating all aspects of Line Management i.e. Training and Development, Performance Plans and Reviews, Cross Training, Career Development, Mentoring, Succession Planning, Counselling and Coaching.
- Build internal and external relationships through the use of superior stakeholder management techniques and customer service skills including Executive Managers, Managers and Team Leaders.
- Role model & apply prudent risk management techniques by identifying and responding to business risks.
- Provide expert guidance and act as a point of reference/escalation to ensure completion of work within the agreed timeframe and quality standards.
- Proactively identify, drive and deliver continuous improvement and efficiency enhancements in customer service, system and processes.
- Work in a team environment by developing and maintaining professional relationships with colleagues that support the achievement of team goals and objectives.
In order to apply for this unique, challenging and highly rewarding opportunity, it is essential that you can demonstrate the following expertise:
- Demonstrated people management and team leadership experience
- Effective communicator both internally and externally
- Strong stakeholder management experience
- Sound judgement and decision making ability, with strong risk awareness and focus
- Change management and continuous improvement experience
- Value based leadership
- Industry experience at a comparable level
- Tertiary qualifications in a related business discipline.
- Relevant operations & People management experience
At CommBank, we’re committed to innovation. Which is why we’re excited to be opening a new office at South Eveleigh. Around 10,000 of our employees will be based there, and this position will be relocating in the first part of the move starting in April 2019.
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value’s driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
AUS Eastern Daylight Time
AUS Eastern Daylight Time