Risk Manager, Institutional Banking and Markets
Job no: 40050485_22022019
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Sydney CBD Area
Categories: Project & Change Management, Credit, Risk Management & Compliance
Do work that matters
The purpose of the Risk Manager role is to assess and enhance the management of delivered risk associated with change undertaken by Institutional Banking and Markets.
Monitor change and project activity and provide operational reporting relating to the IB&M portfolio
You will ensure that change risk is identified and managed in line with the Operational Risk Management Framework, Compliance Risk Management Framework and the Group’s Risk Appetite Statements. Through this role you will have significant exposure to the leading change activities and initiatives within IB&M Risk Management.
See yourself in our team
The IB&M Risk Management Chief Operating Office (specifically the Operational Risk team) is fundamental in implementing and embedding the Operational Risk Management Framework (ORMF) requirements within IB&M Risk Management.
In any given week you will
- Plan, deliver and report risk assessment activity over new change initiatives with the intent to identify, measure, mitigate and report key risks;
- Ensure new risks or changes to risks arising out of projects are clearly articulated and documented, understood by project sponsors / stakeholders and approved / risk accepted at the appropriate level;
- Ensure that third parties engaged by the Group are operating within the Group's approved Risk Appetite as well as support supplier procurement activities through the provision of specialist risk advice which also involves assessment and making recommendations in relation to the identification and acceptance of operational risks in outsourced and/or off shored suppliers;
- Delivery of risk management advice relating to the Risk Manager within IB&M Risk Management
If you live and breathe the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great career opportunities both within the Risk Management leadership team and beyond in the wider CommBank Group. We’ll help you find the next step that’s right for you and enable you to be your best.
Your path looks like
We're interested in hearing from people who:
- Demonstrate advisory experience in Operational Risk (including Risk in Change) within the Financial Services industry;
- Strong organisational skills – managing a pipeline of incoming work and allocation within the team;
- Process enhancement to the risk processes and frameworks supporting the risk in change methodologies;
- Engaging the hearts and minds across the team to promote a positive risk culture; and
- Stakeholder management and influencing skills.
- Extensive experience in operational risk management and the application of risk frameworks within a Financial Services Organisation or Professional Services Firm.
- Understanding and knowledge of the risk and control environment in a major bank
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in finance or risk management would be an advantage
- At least 3 years’ experience in Operational risk
- Understanding of Institutional Banking products and or institutional credit risk
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value’s driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
AUS Eastern Standard Time
AUS Eastern Standard Time