- We have a great opportunity for a Senior Analyst to join our high performing Business Insights & Analytics team.
- We would consider basing this role in Sydney or Melbourne.
Analytics and big data are changing the world. At CommBank we understand this and have significant focus on using the power of data and analytics to provide unique customer experiences and to transform our business.
Commbank is Australia’s leading provider of financial services including retail, premium, business and institutional banking, funds management, superannuation, insurance, investment and share broking products and services. We are a business with more than 800,000 shareholders and over 52,000 employees.
In recent years, we have undergone a remarkable transformation with our focus on technology, which supports the customer experience. We are now truly recognised as technology leaders.
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a values driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you!
The vision for Business Intelligence & Analytics (BI&A) is to support a culture of data-driven decision making. BI&A’s purpose is to help the Operations business to achieve its’ strategic and operational objectives by providing information that is accurate, timely, relevant, complete, unbiased, and actionable.
BI&A will also analyse information to provide insights for data-driven decision making.
We understand that culture and talented people are the keys to success. We have some of Australia’s leading analytics and data scientists, and work hard to create an environment that feels more tech than corporate.
What You’ll Do:
This role will deliver insights and analysis, utilising advanced analytical skills to allow the business to maximise profitable growth and customer satisfaction outcomes using analytical tools (e.g. SQL, Teradata, Python) in conjunction with large data sets.
The role is responsible for planning, developing and implementing integrated strategic and tactical analytics that address the business needs. The types of analytics will span process, customer, and channel analysis, which will include forecasting, modelling, opportunity sizing, investigative analysis, data discovery, and strategic insights for business leaders.
- Supporting Business Leaders – Embedding analytics in everyday business and providing insight to enable data-driven decision-making. Seen as a trusted advisor and pro-actively offers solutions and identifies ways in which to improve the business
- Delivering Insights – Delivering relevant and effective analytical models and insights in a timely manner. Ensure insights are actioned by following up with relevant parties involved.
- Forecasting work volumes and required resource– Create and deploy innovative models to forecast accurately
- Optimising work allocation- Develop and build models/ technical solutions that help business operations to allocate work to resources optimally
- Innovate – Consistently provide proactive technical and solutions for complex business problems. Improve the overall capability of the BI&A team by consistently innovating in all areas of responsibility.
- Manage end-to-end projects – Ownership and accountability for the end-to-end delivery of projects that deliver a strategic outcome. Demonstrates comfort with ambiguity and helps determine the desired analytical approach and solution. Applies robust project management to pieces of work to adhere to project deadlines and escalates any issues to relevant stakeholders.
- Clear and consistent communication – Effectively presents in various internal forums to key stakeholders (e.g. demos, presentations). Able to present information in meaningful, creative ways that builds the team brand. Able to organise and run working groups to drive projects forward.
- Lifts own capability – Leads the development of new analytical solutions and application of advanced techniques. Identifies opportunities to improve own capabilities and demonstrates creativity and ingenuity when tackling complex problems.
- Strong collaboration and team work – Thrives in highly collaborative team environment. Seeks guidance and offers suggestions to create the best outcome for stakeholders and customers
- Proactively deliver in-depth analysis to lead change and drive operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Analyse data (call volumes, emails, activities) to report trends and forecasting to management
What we are looking for:
- At least 24 months of experience in applying analysis to solve business problems
- Acquiring and combining data from disparate source systems using SQL, SSIS, Teradata utilities, Alteryx, etc.
- Experience with working on large datasets
- Experience in insightful data visualisation of complex relationships (e.g. in Tableau)
- Experience in predictive modelling, time series forecasting, workforce optimisation (linear programming), contact centre volume and performance analysis
- knowledge of forecasting and scheduling methods and practices
- Ability to identify process improvements to enhance service to customers through the analysis
- Ability to generate actionable value-add insights from complex data
- Ability to manage projects end-to-end with high levels of autonomy
- Ability to build effective relationship with stakeholders and communicate the technical matters in business language
- Experience with workforce management platforms and their back end data (e.g. Aspect , Genesys)
- Relevant tertiary qualification or industry experience (computer science, statistics, mathematics or related disciplines)
- Proficient in SQL, R, Python or similar languages and Excel
- Ability to work and engage with business stakeholders throughout project implementation
- Contact centre data analysis and reporting experience
- Knowledge of Financial Services industry and/or Banking Operations
- Experience in Advanced analytics and algorithms
You are an analytics and risk professional with a love of data and a passion for analytics. You communicate your ideas simply and create clarity. You love to be part of a diverse and technical team and love to be part of a high performing culture.
For further information, please contact Jane Murray in the Talent Acquisition Team.
AUS Eastern Daylight Time
AUS Eastern Daylight Time
To apply later, you can use the Share buttons below. Please only select ‘Refer a friend’ to highlight the opportunity to your connections outside of Commonwealth Bank.