Workplace Relations Specialist (contract)
Job no: 40053583_18032019
Work type: Contract/Secondment
Location: Sydney CBD Area
Categories: Human Resources, Legal
See yourself in our team
Our Workplace Relations team operates as subject matter experts to provide end to end advice and support on all employee relations operational and case management matters.
Do work that matters
In this rewarding and varied role you will have the opportunity to partner with your business units to provide specialist employment relations advice to employees, line management and senior management as required and take full ownership and accountability for managing cases end to end.
More specifically you will be responsible for:
- Providing advice and guidance to employees, line and senior management of a particular business unit on industrial instruments and employment arrangements as well as matters such as performance management, misconduct, personal illness, discrimination, harassment, victimisation and bullying
- Supporting employees and management to settle employee disputes and workplace grievances by advising on and or conducting internal investigations, mediation sessions or early resolution meetings
- Supporting the resolution of individual workplace relations issues through advice on workplace policies of the Group and related employment and legal obligations.
- Dealing with the Finance Sector Union (FSU), solicitors and other workplace representatives in the resolution of cases.
- Work with your team, business unit, HR and/or the wider Group on key projects which impact the Workplace Relations team or the wider group.
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- Demonstrable experience in the provision of workplace relations/HR advice
- A good knowledge of the Australian industrial relations environment
- Well developed problem solving ability
- Tertiary qualifications in HR Management, Industrial Relations, Law or a related discipline and solid experience in the provision of employment relations advice OR extensive experience in the provision of employment relations advice
- Strong negotiating and presentation skills
- Strong communicator with the ability to work with and manage a number of stakeholders at various levels
- Effective time management skills and the ability to manage a number of cases and competing priorities
Why you should join our team
- We are passionate. People who join our team have the sharpest skills and experience but, above all, they live and breathe our values
- We are customer focussed. We are a dynamic team that is focused on providing exceptional customer service, while at the same time fostering career development into a variety of areas across HR.
If you’re a passionate Workplace Relations Specialist and you’re excited by the opportunity to work with our leaders within CommBank then we would love to hear from you!
At CommBank, we're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value's driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focussing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
AUS Eastern Standard Time
AUS Eastern Standard Time