Risk Executive, New Client Acquisition and Specialised Industries
Job no: 20115854_25032019
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Sydney CBD Area
Categories: Credit, Risk Management & Compliance
- You are flexible and resilient in ever changing circumstances
- We are a creative, innovative and high performing Risk team
- Together we can be the best we can be
Do work that matters
This role will involve all aspects of the credit process for new to bank customers, as well as customers from targeted high growth industries and the mid-market Private Equity portfolio, including credit structuring advisory, credit decisions and recommendation of applications beyond approval levels.
See yourself in our team
Business & Private Banking Risk Management (BPB RM) provides the Business & Private Banking (BPB) team with specialist risk services and advice. BPB is one of the three client facing business groups within the Commonwealth Bank and provides support to the Group’s Corporate, Agricultural, Business, Property, Private and Commsec clients.
In any given week you will
- Undertake credit assessment and analysis and assist in the structuring of complex new to bank transactions in the corporate mid-market space;
- Apply a personal delegation for decisioning credits. Where required, present to Credit and Business committees on transactions and support transactions above own delegation;
- With our business partners, co-lead industry strategy papers and review credit policies to ensure appetite is clearly articulated to the business and Risk;
- Drive industry expertise and analyse industry changes which might impact risk outcomes and recommend appropriate changes to counteract these;
- Meet with key external prospect customers to develop a thorough understanding of their business;
- Drive a collaborative culture of working with internal stakeholders to deliver insightful advice and ensure a solutions focus approach for customers;
- Contribute to and motivate a high performance team culture;
- Ensure portfolios are appropriately monitored. Ensure action is taken expeditiously where credit migration is evident;
- Coach deal team members and colleagues in credit risk management;
Your path looks like
If you live and breathe the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great career opportunities both within the Risk Management leadership team and beyond in the wider CommBank Group. We’ll help you find the next step that’s right for you and enable you to be your best.
We're interested in hearing from people who:
- Experience in a senior credit risk position, including exercising a meaningful delegation at a major financial institution
- Desirable to have had client relationship management experience
- High level specialised industry knowledge and experience in risk management at the corporate or institutional level
- Health sector or Private Equity experience will be viewed favourably
- Ability to provide sound, consistent risk decisions
- Thorough understanding of the concepts of counterparty and product risk
- Thorough understanding of the Regulatory environment
- Ability to think outside the box and adapt quickly to new situations
- Awareness of relevant industry issues, which might impact on external and internal credit environments affecting credit quality and recommend appropriate changes to system and/or policies.
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value’s driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
AUS Eastern Standard Time
AUS Eastern Standard Time