- Are you a multi tasker with an eye for detail who is passionate about building new business whilst servicing an existing customer base?
- We are proud to support medium to large sized businesses across Australia. Together we can lead businesses to tomorrow!
- Melbourne CBD location
Business & Private Bank (B&PB) offer a wide range of services and solutions to our small to medium, enterprise customers and our regional and agribusiness customers.
We also take care of our personal and institutional online trading customers and our premium personal Private Banking customers.
Business and Corporate Bank (BCB) is part of the B&PB unit of the Commonwealth Bank. The BCB team has nearly 50 locations across Australia, and relationship manages over 25,000 clients with complex financial needs and a turnover between $1m and $500m.
See yourself in our team
Business Corporate Banking is proud to support a diversified range businesses across Australia.
We partner with the businesses we work with and thrive when we're embedded in our local communities. Our innovative technology solutions provide invaluable support for our clients as we help them lead their businesses into the future. As part of our team, you will be energised about what you do, what you've achieved and the momentum behind where we're headed together.
About the role:
Due to continued growth across our Victoria business we currently have a number of opportunities available across our teams.
The Corporate Analyst role is a key member of a Relationship Management team in the Corporate Banking diversified industries team and supports the Relationship Executive (RE) through value add solutions. The key purpose of this role is to research, analyse and develop a comprehensive database of client/industry specific information, ideas and solutions. This entails undertaking financial modelling and analysis, assessing the risks/opportunities on new lending, as well as assessing the risks associated with increases in client credit. An Analyst is passionate about customer service and focused on achieving our goal of being number 1 in client satisfaction
More specifically, you will:
- Deliver exceptional customer service in all dealings, as reflected in a positive lift in various survey results
- Undertake detailed analysis of client and industry specific information focusing on the key financial drivers of each client in order to effectively meet their needs
- Assist the Relationship Executive in better understanding the client’s business and needs, and link this with the formulation of the client relationship strategy, through research and analysis of portfolio and market data and understanding of the Group’s product range
- Maintain and analyse a database of client and industry information to pro-actively recommend to the Relationship Executive ideas and solutions for their respective client base
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with the dedicated Client Service Centre team, Risk Management, Global Markets, Banking Products, Asset Finance Specialists and Specialist Distribution and ensure the portfolio team delivers exceptional insights and services to its client(s)
- Strong financial analysis, modelling and credit writing skills, with a deep understanding of financial statements and the underlying drivers of performance
- Prepares concise and well-reasoned credit correspondence
- Consistently completes due diligence and credit analysis on new and existing relationships
- Works closely with relevant product specialists on idea and solution development, including modelling of the economic benefits and liaison with the Relationship Executive on the specific issues arising from the idea development
- Focuses on quality, credit management, portfolio monitoring, total revenue growth and the minimising of credit and operational losses
- Completion of credit submissions and annual reviews to ensure the timely delivery of decisions, documentation and funding to the client and the accuracy of information on source systems
- Ability to structure and clearly articulate the credit merits of a transaction, including identifying and mitigating key risks
- Demonstrated commercial acumen, sound judgement and quality conversations with clients and internal stakeholders
- Works closely with the product specialists and marketing in compiling pitch books and presentations
- Analysts will become involved, engaged and participate in the Service and Sales framework including sales meetings, team debriefs and other associated activities
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Strong Excel skills and experience in financial modelling
- Self-motivation with a strong work ethic, attention to detail
- The ability to function independently and as a part of a team
- Highly developed research and financial analysis skills
- Experience in understanding the operational drivers of a business and how they relate to the financial drivers of that business;
- The ability to quickly grasp complex transactions and analyse the benefits of the idea of specific client circumstances;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships, along with excellent planning and organization skills.
- Desirable - Sales/customer service/relationship management experience in accountancy, finance, banking related role.
Our culture of inclusion
The people, businesses and communities we serve are wonderfully diverse. To reflect this, we're committed to hiring a similarly diverse workforce. With a focus on inclusion, accessibility and flexibility, we'll support you at every stage of your career.
We value you and won't leave you hanging. Our advertising closes 23rd of April but expect to hear from us within a week of the closing date. Best of luck!
AUS Eastern Standard Time
AUS Eastern Standard Time