Systems Engineer (splunk)
Job no: 40055257_08042019
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Sydney CBD Area
Categories: IT / Technology
- World-leading application of technology.
- Customer-focused and high integrity culture.
- We value career progression.
CommBank is recognised as leading the industry in IT and operations with its world-class platforms and processes, agile IT infrastructure, and innovation in everything from payments to internet banking and mobile apps.
Your Business and Team:
Enterprise Services (ES) is responsible for the world leading application of technology and operations across every aspect of CommBank, from innovative product platforms for our customers to essential tools within our business. We also use technology to drive efficient and timely processing, an essential component of great customer service.
The Chief Technology Office’s (CTO) role is to help you deliver technology solutions that provide market leading value, and to keep that technology running smoothly, so together we help to secure and enhance the financial wellbeing of customers, business and communities
Within CTO, the formation of Delivery Enablement and Acceleration brings together a set of cross-functional capabilities against the backdrop of innovation to enable and optimise rich end-to-end development, delivery and operational experiences
As the Splunk Build Engineer you will work to assist customers in onboarding onto the groups centralised Splunk-as-a-service Platform, internally named LogIT.
On any given day you will:
- Develop repeatable infrastructure and software deployment pipelines using the latest CI/CD tools and Infrastructure as Code practices
- Resolve highly complex technical issues involving multiple systems
- Triage and fix incidents affecting Splunk
- Produce high level designs, technical documentation, and user guides
- Continuously improve services by challenging existing processes and promoting an automation mindset
- Communicate and present technical solutions to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Delivers high quality solutions that do not introduce risk and security issues, and avoidable technical debt
What are we looking for?
- Experience working with large-scale clustered Splunk implementations in an Enterprise environment
- Operated and maintained software running Production workloads.
- Strong skills with source code control (Git), and CI/CD tools
- Strong skills with Docker container platform.
- Strong scripting skills (Python, Shell, Powershell)
- Understanding of Infrastructure as code
- Exposure to Oracle and MySQL databases
- Exposure to Test-Automation tools (SeleniumGrid)
At CommBank, we're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value's driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
AUS Eastern Standard Time
AUS Eastern Standard Time