Risk Manager, Data Governance, Institutional Banking and Markets
Job no: 20168079_09042019
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Sydney CBD Area
Categories: Institutional Banking, Credit, Risk Management & Compliance
- You are flexible and resilient in ever changing circumstances
- We are a creative, innovative and high performing Risk team
- Together we can be the best we can be
Do work that matters
Risk Management Institutional Banking & Markets (IB&M) forms part of the Group Risk Management division, and specifically, it provides Institutional Banking & Markets (IB&M) businesses with specialist risk services and advice.
This role encompasses multiple accountabilities pertaining supporting the development of IB&M’s data governance capability.
See yourself in our team
IB&M is one of the client facing business groups within the Bank and is responsible for managing the Group’s relationships with major corporate, government clients, institutional investors, provides a full range of capital raising, transactional and risk management products and services.
In any given week you will
As a Risk Manager with a Data Governance focus you will be tasked in contributing to the development of the data management function within IB&M Risk Management by supporting the business in defining, managing, sharing and governing its critical data elements.
- Supporting the IB&M Risk Management Data Steward by working with senior stakeholders across IB&M and Risk Management to implement Policy & Standards through Data Governance; ensuring information remains trusted, compliant and secured.
- Working with the CBA Group Data Office (GDO) by assisting in implementing APRA Practise guides relating to Data Risk – CPG235 / BCBS 239
- Facilitating business stakeholders to define ownership of Critical Data Elements and maintaining the Critical Data Elements (CDEs) Register as well as mapping data lineage for those CDEs across systems.
- Facilitate data quality control creation to ensure monitoring of CDEs via reporting
- Assisting with development of data standards, data dictionaries and other documentation specific to and fit-for-purpose for IB&M
- Co-ordinating and assisting with production of content for senior forums.
- Support the production of reporting for Group Data Governance Committee and Group Data Stewards Committe
Your path looks like
If you live and breathe the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great career opportunities both within the Risk Management leadership team and beyond in the wider CommBank Group. We’ll help you find the next step that’s right for you and enable you to be your best.
We're interested in hearing from people who:
- Substantial experience at a major financial institution
- Research, analytical and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with institutional credit origination, decisioning policies and processes
- Understanding of Operational risk with a data focus.
- Knowledge of institutional banking and markets products & business processes
- Knowledge of risk, lending and product systems
- Ability to co-ordinate multiple projects at one time and manage completing timelines
- Exposure to process improvement initiatives and experience in coordinating system/process changes
- Experience with business analysis and requirements elicitation and management
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value’s driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
AUS Eastern Standard Time
AUS Eastern Standard Time