Analyst, Direct Channels Customer Projects
Job no: 40038499_16042019
Business group: Retail Banking Services
Grade: CBA AMB
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Sydney CBD Area
Categories: Processing Improvement & Operations, Project & Change Management, Strategy
Who are we?
Retail Banking Services (RBS) is the public face of CommBank, delivering a seamless banking experience for the future, to our 10 million + personal and small business customers. We offer market-leading products and services, supported by some of the world’s best systems and processes.
The Direct Channels (DC) team, within RBS, is responsible for delivering best-in-class solutions to customers via assisted channels (primarily inbound and outbound phone, chat), and the Direct Channels Analytics & Strategy (DCAS) team, within DC, provides a range of services directly to the DC Leadership team and DC business teams.
The Strategy and Projects (S&P) team, one of the teams that sits within the DCAS, is responsible for enabling the Group’s, RBS and DC strategy and goals to be achieved within the business. This is through providing strategy services to the DC Leadership team and exceptional project delivery across a range of focus areas – including across customer, digital, technology and operational effectiveness.
Do work that matters
Reporting to a Manager, you will support significant, highly visible projects on behalf of the DC business. The key success measure of this role will be to support the design process as well as help to deliver high quality project outcomes that will ultimately enable DC to provide exceptional customer experiences and deliver a step change in our business operating effectiveness. Examples of the work you will be involved in includes maintaining a backlog of improvement ideas, owning the delivery of specific opportunities, as well developing materials for key governance meetings with senior stakeholders.
More specifically you will:
- Proactively support a DC wide program which will focus on customer and digitisation opportunities (e.g. fixing customer breakpoints, self-service strategies); including maintaining a pipeline of relevant opportunities and undertaking analysis to determine key improvement ideas
- Engage with a wide stakeholder group across RBS, DC, Digital and our technology partners on the specific opportunities/pieces of analysis you are working on
- Proactively support creating and embedding an agile operating environment to deliver opportunities
- Proactively support the creation of materials (e.g. packs) for senior stakeholders on the approach, methodology and progress made by the program that drives decision-making by this audience
- Proactively support program management and governance activities by undertaking planning and reporting to ensure the status of the program is clearly communicated and managed
- Contribute to a strong team culture within S&P by contributing to the development of best practice frameworks, tools and training for the betterment of the DCAS and S&P
We want to hear from you if you have
- Experience in in-house strategy or management consulting roles (financial services experience preferred, but not essential), out of which 2 years+ Analyst experience, working on projects across a range of highly complex and ambiguous problem spaces (e.g. customer, digital areas preferred but not essential)
- Ability to work on a range of projects at different parts of the life-cycle (e.g. inception vs. implementation)
- Ability to use structured problem solving principles for specific work packages and/or work streams
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build rapport quickly across a large stakeholder group
- Good understanding of program management disciplines
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in Commerce, HR, Business or Accounting
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value’s driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friendBack to search results