Who are we?
Retail Banking Services (RBS) is the public face of CommBank, delivering a seamless banking experience for the future, to our 10 million + personal and small business customers. We offer market-leading products and services, supported by some of the world’s best systems and processes.
The Direct Channels (DC) team, within RBS, is responsible for delivering best-in-class solutions to customers via assisted channels (primarily inbound and outbound phone, chat), and the Direct Channels Analytics & Strategy (DCAS) team, within DC, provides a range of services directly to the DC Leadership team and DC business teams.
The Strategy and Projects (S&P) team, one of the teams that sits within the DCAS, is responsible for enabling the Group’s, RBS and DC strategy and goals to be achieved within the business. This is through providing strategy services to the DC Leadership team and exceptional project delivery across a range of focus areas – including across customer, digital, technology, people and operational effectiveness.
Do work that matters
Reporting to the Executive Manager, Strategy & Projects, you will lead significant, highly visible projects on behalf of the Direct Channels (DC) business. The key success measure of this role is to design and deliver high quality project outcomes that will ultimately enable DC to provide exceptional customer experiences and will deliver a step change in our business operating effectiveness. Examples include designing and delivering a program to fix customer breakpoints across our business and a program of digitization opportunities that will provide customers with greater service optionality and reduce volume within our business.
More specifically you will:
- Lead a DC wide program which will focus on customer and digitisation opportunities (e.g. fixing customer breakpoints, self-service strategies); including establishing a pipeline of relevant opportunities, prioritising them and working with stakeholders across the business (RBS, DC, Digital and technology partners) to deliver solutions
- Lead additional projects that are aligned to RBS and DC’s strategy; including scoping, designing relevant business solutions, delivery and program management of projects including but not limited to customer, digital, people, technology and risk focus areas
- Engage with a wide stakeholder group across RBS, DC, Digital and our technology partners, including at senior stakeholders and subject matter experts and leading the thinking on problem spaces relevant to your projects
- Deliver strong program management disciplines and governance rigour on the projects you are leading and/or oversee on behalf of your direct reports; this includes leveraging agile methodology where appropriate
- Lead a strong team culture within S&P by coaching your team members and contributing to the development of best practice frameworks, tools and training for the betterment of the DCAS and S&P
- Managing project financials/spend as required, including contribution to budgeting and benefits realisation
We want to hear from you if you have
- 3-5 years’ experience in in-house strategy or management consulting roles (financial services experience preferred, but not essential), out of which at least 2 years’ in a senior managerial capacity.
- Experience in leading project teams across a range of highly complex and ambiguous problem spaces (e.g. customer, digital areas preferred but not essential), and ability to work on large programs from inception (design, opportunity identification, prioritisation) through to implementation
- High level program management experience, including rigor around governance, and structured problem solving ability (hypothesis led thinking)
- Ability to influence, collaborate and be effective across a large stakeholder group to deliver outcomes – including senior stakeholders
- Experience in agile methodology (preferred but not essential)
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in Commerce, HR, Business or Accounting
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value’s driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you
AUS Eastern Standard Time
AUS Eastern Standard Time