Manager, Governance - Advice Remediation
Job no: 40057856_14052019
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Sydney CBD Area
Categories: Financial Planning
Do work that matters
This position sits within our Advice Remediation (AR) team which provides Remediation Administration and Reviews to our Wealth Management Advice Financial Planning businesses including Licensees. Reporting directly to the Senior Manager, Compliance, Governance and Forensic Accounting
this is a great opportunity to become a trusted advisor and partner to the Advice Remediation and Wealth Management Advice leadership teams.
As a Governance Manager, you will need to be a confident leader with strong operational knowledge and experience and able to make a significant contribution to the broader strategy of the business.
See yourself in our team
This highly interactive role will see you acting as a primary point of contact for our Advice Remediation senior leadership decision making forums, with responsibility for supervising and assembling forum papers and reports as well as synchronising calendar and agenda schedules for all senior such forums. You will be expected to act as Chairperson at these aforesaid forums and be accountable for the draft and publication of minutes and communication of any decisions and actions post-meetings to ensure they are effected. In addition you will preserve the overall quality of the record keeping so as to comply with internal and external (ASIC) requirements and be expected to contribute to project schedules that support with project and change management communications to the entire Advice Remediation workforce.
Your education, skills and experience
It is essential that applicants for this role have experience in facilitating and leading senior decision making forums and proven expertise in prioritising critical business activities. A sound knowledge of the Advice Remediation end to end workflow is highly desirable. You will ideally have the desire to pursue a career in governance and to develop through excellent coaching and mentoring by a large team of senior professionals.
The following are also key requirements for the position and will ensure your success in the role.
- Relevant tertiary or industry qualification (e.g. Law, Communications)
- Strong presentation, communication, leadership and workload prioritisation skills
- An ability to drive clarity of requirements in a complex high-pressured environment
- Demonstrated track record of successfully influencing change amongst senior leadership teams
- Demonstrable experience in seeking information, gathering requirements and translating that into useable output (written and/or oral)
- Well organised and have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Ability to collaborate with members at various levels within the organisational hierarchy
- Self-starter who demonstrates good use of initiative with an enquiring/questioning nature
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value’s driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focussing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
AUS Eastern Standard Time
AUS Eastern Standard Time