Operational Risk & Governance Manager (12 Month Secondment)
Job no: 40058295_20052019
Work type: Contract/Secondment
Location: Sydney CBD Area
Categories: Risk Management & Compliance
Do work that matters
Joining to cover 12 month’s maternity leave, you will be responsible for performing effective governance, assurance and operational risk oversight across Risk Management; assisting to drive best practice in operational risk and compliance activities.
A critical position, you will play a pivotal role in the implementation and embedding of Better Risk Outcomes Program (BROP) deliverables across CBA Risk Management.
See yourself in our team
Risk Strategy and Optimisation forms part of the Group Risk Management function supporting the Group Chief Risk Officer (GCRO) and Business Unit Chief Risk Officers execute the outcomes of Risk in the most effective way for the organisation.
On any given day you will
- Implement, embed and monitor the overall Operational Risk and Governance Frameworks for the Risk Management business
- Assist the Line 1 Risk hub-and-spoke function that oversees and monitors Operational Risk relating to Risk Management’s 1400 employees and 12 distinct Divisions
- Assist with the delivery of BROP initiatives across all Line 1 Risk Management teams by providing support, communications and driving delivery action plans
- Support Line 1 Risk Management teams to understand and embed changes to various Group Frameworks and Policies
- Complete the aggregation of centralised data and material, relating to both BROP and BAU initiatives, as well as identifying key insights to provide to the Risk Management governance forums
- Manage end to end Risk in Change across Risk Management projects in line with the Group Delivery Framework
- Assist in the preparation of forum collateral including meeting content, agendas, minutes and actions across a number of Risk Management forums
Your path looks like
If you live and breathe the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great opportunities both within Risk Strategy & Optimisation and beyond the wider CBA group. We’ll help you find the next step that’s right for you and enable you to be your best.
We’re interested in hearing from people who:
- Experience at a major financial institution within Frontline and/or Support Office teams
- Familiarity with operational risk management practices and methodologies
- Exposure to projects and/or process improvement initiatives
- Ability to research, analyse, identify key insights and problem solve through to resolution
- Ability to co-ordinate multiple activities at one time and manage competing priorities
- Demonstrable stakeholder management skills, at all levels
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline (e.g. finance, economics, business) desirable but not essential
At CommBank, we're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value's driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
AUS Eastern Standard Time
AUS Eastern Standard Time