Team Manager – Broker Operations, Small Business Banking
Job no: 40059465_06062019
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Sydney CBD Area
Categories: Relationship Management / Business Development, Business Banking
- Newly created role providing a unique opportunity in Commercial Broking
- Inner City Location, Sydney CBD
Small Business Banking (SBB) is proud to support a range of small to medium-sized businesses across Australia. We partner with the clients we work with and thrive when we're embedded in our local communities. Our innovative technology solutions provide invaluable support in these partnerships as we help them lead their businesses into the future. Our team is energised about what we do, what we've achieved and the momentum behind where we're headed.
Do Work That Matters
To manage the Commercial Broking Sales Support operations through accreditation of new brokers, accreditation reviews, brokerage payments, performance reporting and general compliance governance in the broker channel. Approx. $35m pa is paid in commissions.
The Broker and Agency Sales team works with approximately 150 accredited commercial brokers firms (represented by ~1,500 asset brokers and 3,300 commercial brokers) who submit commercial opportunities to CBA. If approved and settled, brokerage is paid to the broker.
More specifically, you'll:
- Manage, coach and develop your direct reports in the dynamic environment of Commercial Broking
- Manage the accreditation of new commercial brokers, asset finance brokers, broker assistants, vendors/agents and alliance partners and referral partners in accordance with the multiple Group Policies
- Manage the annual review of all broker relationships, and all referral partner relationships, including review of legal agreements, in accordance with Group Policy
- Manage and approve the payment of commercial upfront brokerage and trail commissions, commercial/ proprietary referral fees, commercial connect fees, and asset relationship engagement & development payments; total payments ~ $35m p.a
- Manage and produce broker performance reports for the Broker Leadership team to assist them to effectively manage the direction of the business unit
- Manage the customer-relationship- management Salesforce platform
- Manage and produce quarterly reports which reflect active brokers to be included in customer satisfaction surveys
- Attend to all Compliance and Operational Risk tasks
- Proactively review existing systems and processes and drive necessary changes to improve productivity and internal controls
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with Retail Banking Solutions’ Third Party Banking team, and Bankwest’s Business Banking Broker team
To help us deliver a better future for business banking, you'll be able to deliver:
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong relationship management skills
- Sound financial analysis ability
- A good understanding of business banking products and regulatory environment
- Ability to plan and prioritise
- Commercial acumen and strong demonstration of critical thinking
- High levels of attention to detail and accuracy of outputs
The following experience and qualifications are also ideal;
- Experience of working in Finance, Risk or Compliance or Product Mgt
- FSRA Tier 2 Accreditation
- Industry related tertiary qualifications (Financial degree etc)
Our culture of inclusion
Your individuality is welcomed and openly encouraged in our workplace. These unique insights and different perspectives enable us to provide excellent customer service to an equally diverse customer base. With such a diverse workforce, we understand the importance of creating and maintaining an inclusive culture where everyone feels safe and comfortable to be themselves at work. We believe in giving people a go and supporting those who want to drive their careers forward.
The application closing date for this role is Wednesday 26th June 2019, but expect to hear from us within a week of your application. Best of luck!
AUS Eastern Standard Time
AUS Eastern Standard Time