Associate Director - Regulatory Controls
Job no: 40059525_06062019
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Sydney CBD Area
Categories: Risk Management & Compliance
Do work that matters
Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) is responsible for managing the Group’s relationships with major corporate and government clients and institutional investors, and provides a full range of capital raising, transactional and risk management products and services. The division also performs an important internal role for the Group by providing FICC market, equity derivatives, lending and capital markets execution capabilities to other CBA business units that allows them to capture opportunities with business customers.
The IB&M Non-Financial Risk and Conduct function supports IB&M businesses to manage non-financial risks, comply with regulatory obligations and embed a customer centric and market integrity approach to activities. This includes the identification and assessment of key risks that could impact the way in which the IB&M business achieves its objectives, and ensuring these are reported and mitigated as appropriate.
See yourself in our team
The Associate Director, Regulatory Controls is responsible to support the IB&M business manage its regulatory obligations within appetite and provide subject matter expertise in relation to IB&M systems, processes and controls that ensure compliance with obligations and management of compliance risk.
Key responsibilities will include:
IB&M Non-Financial Risk and Conduct works in partnership with the IB&M business and the IB&M CRO team to deliver effective outcomes in IB&M. Your role contributes to this outcome through the below skills:
- Maintain an understanding of the business and a commercial appreciation of IB&M’s strategic objectives;
- Leverage productive and proactive working relationships with Line 2 colleagues and Group Audit and Assurance colleagues, and regulators
- Build and maintain an understanding of the Group’s compliance risk framework and global regulatory requirements and obligations of IB&M
- Understand BU strategic objectives and assess and manage the impact on obligations and licensing requirements
- Working with colleagues to design, document, implement and embed business processes, procedures and controls to ensure compliance with regulatory expectations
- Maintain RiskInSite in line with group standards to demonstrate IB&M effectively manages Risk and Control Self-Assessments (RCSA) to ensure compliance with regulatory expectations so that the residual risk exposure is within risk tolerance.
We’re interested in hearing from people who have:
- Solid understanding of current applicable regulatory requirements relevant to regulated financial institutions in Australia and / or other global locations, preferable in Institutional Banking, corporate lending or FICC markets
- Experience across risk, compliance and Institutional Banking products
- Ability to manage varied stakeholder groups
- Ability to improve processes from a risk and controls perspective
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
An understanding of the risk and control environment in a major bankAt CommBank, we're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value's driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focussing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
AUS Eastern Standard Time
AUS Eastern Standard Time