Senior Analyst, Analytics and Visualisation
Job no: 40012145_14062019
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Sydney CBD Area
Categories: Analytics, Risk Management & Compliance
- You have a true passion for customers and providing first in class service
- We’re finding smart solutions and uncovering opportunity.
- Together we can deliver exceptional customer experiences, and have a lot of fun along the way
Do work that matters
This role is accountable for delivering strategic insights and analysis of the performance of the Credit Risk of the Group as including the Business Units.
A key accountability will be the creation and maintenance of a structured and disciplined approach to analytics and visualisation, ensuring information needs are clearly known, outputs are designed to be clear and relevant, and are delivered in an accurate, timely manner, validated and reconciled to ensure one source of the truth.
See yourself in our team
Group Credit Risk Analytics & Visualisation are responsible for analytical insight and visualisation used by Group Senior Management and the Board to gain insight on the Group’s credit risk profile.
Utilising advanced analytical techniques, the role will leverage Group and industry relevant data to improve the Group’s knowledge of credit risk trends and issues.
In any given week you will
The primary work of the role is to improve and enhance insight on Credit Risk including, but not limited to:
- Production of high-quality and timely insightful analysis and visualisation on the structure of, and movements in, credit risk relating back to underlying business drivers
- Presenting this analysis to senior business stakeholders in an impactful manner
- Production and management of regular credit portfolio reporting to a high standard
- Contributing to the development of timely and accurate reporting that facilitates business stakeholder understanding and enhances their ability to stay within defined risk appetite tolerances
- Understand requirements of advanced analytic capability / data science to improve insights on credit risk
- Contributing to automating the production of dashboards and driving the evolution to a data-centric model that facilitates user-driven investigation and analysis with drill down
- Understand the relevant industry and economic issues which may impact on risk management
- Responding to ad hoc requests in a timely and accurate manner
Your path looks like
If you live and breathe the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great career opportunities both within the Risk Management leadership team and beyond in the wider CommBank Group. We’ll help you find the next step that’s right for you and enable you to be your best.
We're interested in hearing from people who:
- A few years of experience in financial services, ideally in credit risk
- Broad experience and commercial acumen across risk management
- Extensive understanding of risk concepts and processes
- Familiarity with the Bank’s credit origination and decisioning policies and processes
- Broad understanding across SME, corporate, institutional, sovereign banking & finance and retail customer segments
- Organisational skills and an ability to work and deliver against deadlines under pressure
- Strong attention to detail and focus on both internal and end-customer outcomes
- Strong influencing skills, particularly in dealing with senior stakeholders
- Ability to think outside the box and adapt quickly to new situations
- Demonstrated strong ability in SAS/SQL programming and software tools or similar applications and BI reporting tools e.g. Tableau
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value’s driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
AUS Eastern Standard Time
AUS Eastern Standard Time