Senior Manager Compliance Assurance (6 Month Secondment)
Job no: 40062088_05072019
Work type: Contract/Secondment
Location: Sydney CBD Area
Categories: Audit, Risk Management & Compliance
Do work that matters
Joining on a 6 month secondment, you will be responsible for developing and implementing consistent independent Compliance assurance for CBA’s Retail Banking Services (RBS) business. This includes playing a leading role as an interface into the RBS stakeholder group and in discussions with Group compliance. The role is responsible for both developing and then executing targeted compliance assurance reviews as well as preparing reports on outcomes and impacts of assurance activities.
See yourself in our team
RBS Compliance sits within the broader Group Operational Risk and Compliance division within CommBank, with a dotted reporting line through to the RBS Chief Risk Officer. The RBS Compliance Team consists of Regulatory Engagement, Regulatory Change, Incident and Issue Management, Compliance Advisory, and a Frameworks and Assurance team.
On any given day you will
- Develop and execute a seamless and effective testing & monitoring process in line with the Group’s Compliance Monitoring guidance
- Maintain a detailed understanding of RBS’s business and risk profile and advise on areas of monitoring and controls testing
- Support the EM Compliance Assurance and Monitoring across stakeholder management engagement with Group Compliance and RBS stakeholders
- Maintain and improve the compliance monitoring and reporting program and methodology
- Oversee monitoring and assurance work conducted in this team and in others, and provide coaching and feedback on outputs and process quality
- Prepare reports and insights which will enable enhancement of our compliance framework and compliance with our obligations
- Conduct ‘deep dive’ reviews into areas of potential concern – including planning, scoping and performing detailed reviews on business strategy, projects, transactions and processes
- Provide assurance over data completeness and integrity in Risk InSite
- Contribute to the design, implementation and ongoing improvement of compliance policies, standards, procedures and systems across RBS
- Act as a trusted advisor to stakeholders and help the business identify opportunities to improve processes, and formulate solutions
Your path looks like
If you live and breathe the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great opportunities both within RBS Compliance and beyond the wider CBA group. We’ll help you find the next step that’s right for you and enable you to be your best.
We’re interested in hearing from people who
- Are degree qualified in a relevant discipline e.g. law, finance
- Good knowledge of financial services law and practice pertaining to RBS e.g. Corporations Act, Banking Code of Practice, NCCP, ASIC act, and privacy
- Excellent commercial acumen and understanding of retail banking processes and products
- Experience working with senior business leaders in managing compliance issues
- Good organisational skills and the ability to manage competing priorities in a high volume work environment
At CommBank, we're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value's driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
AUS Eastern Standard Time
AUS Eastern Standard Time