Business Banking Manager, Small Business Banking-8
Job no: 40062411_10072019
Business group: Business and Private Banking
Grade: CBA AMA
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: VIC Northern Metropolitan Area
Categories: Business Banking
Business Banking Manager – Small Business Banking
Multiple proposed locations
- Melbourne CBD 2
- Box Hill
- Glen Waverley
Small Business Banking (SBB) provides support and management to approximately 800,000 customer relationships nationally. You will be part of a team with a diverse mix of experience, who collaborate well and hold our customers at the centre of everything we do.
We are committed to understanding our customers, and delivering insights and creative solutions to help our customers achieve their goals and drive sustainable business growth.
Do Work That Matters
The purpose of the Business Banking Manager is to lead a team of Small Business Specialists in key metro locations to deliver an outstanding customer experience and represent the Commonwealth Bank brand in their local area.
As a Business Banking Manager, you will support Small Business Customers with an identified need or opportunity, assisting them with the end to end fulfilment of that need drawing on specialist support as required.
You will also support the development of productive business relationships with Branch Managers, Commercial Banking leaders and businesses within your region and the local community. Your focus will be to build awareness and advocacy of the Commonwealth Bank Small Business proposition.
The Business Banking Manager will not provide ongoing relationship management to clients, however, will support customer with complex lending and banking needs via booked appointments. The Business Banking Manager will have between 3 and 5 direct reports dependant on their catchment area.
More specifically, you'll:
- Originate and initiate fulfilment of business products for Small Business Banking customers including commercial lending up to $1m
- Conduct face to face needs based conversations to understand business goals and strategies, providing insight and guidance to support customer needs
- Build local business networks, leveraging internal relationships with Commonwealth Bank’s Retail Banking and Business and Private Bank business partners to support the referral of new business opportunities
- Work with dedicated specialists as required to support the fulfilment of identified client needs
- Proactively manage risk through accurate data capture and high attention to detail to ensure we are meeting our regulatory obligations such as AML/KYC
- Maintain ongoing knowledge of industry trends, focus area of growth and impacts within your region and within the Small Business banking sector
- In all interactions, act in line with Commonwealth Bank’s purpose and values
In addition to this, you will:
- Lead a team of Small Business Specialists to develop the Commonwealth Bank, Small Business Banking brand in your local area
- Develop a highly engaged team to serve mall usiness customers, supporting the development of commercial skills and capabilities to deliver outstanding customer service
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders and support the development of professional relationships
- Arrange for business client requirements to be serviced using the most appropriate support channel as and when required and work with your team to do the same
- Have oversight of and manage your teams pipeline
- Works with others as one team, cooperates and communicates openly and contributes to an environment of trust and respect
To help us deliver a better future for business banking, you'll be able to deliver:
- Previous experience in Commercial Lending (3+ years)
- Previous experience in Business Banking customer relationship management or business development
- Strong attention to detail
- Sound financial analysis skills & commercial acumen
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and stakeholder engagement/management skills
- Excellent customer service skills (both face to face and non-face to face)
- Ability to work well autonomously and with a broader team
- FSRA Tier 2 Accreditation
- Credit Approval Authority (CAA) Level 2 or external equivalent
- A recognised qualification or degree in a Risk/Compliance/Business related discipline is desired
- Leadership experience would be valued
Our culture of inclusion
Your individuality is welcomed and openly encouraged in our workplace. These unique insights and different perspectives enable us to provide excellent customer service to an equally diverse customer base. With such a diverse workforce, we understand the importance of creating and maintaining an inclusive culture where everyone feels safe and comfortable to be themselves at work. We believe in giving people a go and supporting those who want to drive their careers forward.
The application closing date for this role is Wednesday 31st July 2019 but expect to hear from us within a week of your application. Best of luck!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Apply now Back to search results