Associate Director, Industrials, Transport and Consumer - Client Solutions
12 months Fixed Term Contract, Maternity leave cover
Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) is responsible for managing the Group's relationships with major corporate and government clients and institutional investors, and provides a full range of capital raising and risk management products and services. The division also performs an important internal role for the Group by providing market, lending and capital markets execution capabilities to other CBA business units that allows them to capture opportunities with their customers.
Our purpose is to enhance our clients' success through market-leading capabilities and unique insights.
Client Solutions Group, leads relationship management and client needs. The team’s purpose is to provide IB&M clients with products and services across the capital raising, transaction banking and risk management spectrum to support their strategic objectives.
Your impact & contribution:
In this high impact role you will be the point of contact at the Bank for any Institutional client across the Industrials, Transport and Consumer Sector. You will deliver a sharp industry focus and overall relationship and transaction management for our existing and target clients within this sector.
Your role as Associate Director will be to develop a strong understanding of all IB&M products, client businesses and industries. You will draw on this expertise to originate new business, drive sales and manage effective client relationships. Specifically this role offers you the opportunity to;
- Be a thought leader for the sector and provide unique insights into market and industry conditions (e.g. trends and themes) impacting CBA and its clients.
- Convert client knowledge and industry insights into client planning, solutions for clients and also the identification and proactive targeting of event driven opportunities.
- Utilise your corporate finance knowledge, research, analytical and modelling capabilities to design client pitches and presentations, to deliver industry insights, provide solutions to clients and make decisions about client requests.
- Provide execution support to Industry team: Establish and coordinate deal teams with Product and Risk to manage the successful completion of client pitches, transactions and credit approvals.
- Build a view on the client’s relative operating and financial strengths and core issues to support credit and transaction process
- Coordinate and drive lending documentation process; liaise with Legal, Product Groups and Risk for execution support & final sign-offs.
- Provide client reactive support (i.e. inbound requests for tenders/services from a client)
Your experience and qualifications:
Our ideal candidate will bring a successful track record of originating, leading and executing transactions. You will draw on your client engagement and relationship building skills to build strong client relationships. To be successful you will bring;
- Experience in understanding the operational drivers of a business and how they relate to the financial drivers of that business.
- Highly developed research, analytical, corporate finance, financial modelling skills and accounting knowledge.
- Experience in preparing client pitches and presentations.
- Client servicing mentality with drive to succeed.
- Strong organisation and coordination skills, ability to navigate through large complex organisations
- Strong problem solving skills and experience in dealing with operational requirements of corporate clients
- Tertiary qualifications in law, finance, engineering, numerical, or business related discipline
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value’s driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focussing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial well-being of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you. Please apply online to be considered for this role.
Have a question about your application, our process or what happens next? Click here for some of the most commonly asked questions about applying for a role at CommBank.
We value you and won’t leave you hanging. Our advertising closes 26 July 2019 but expect to hear from us within a week of the closing date. Best of luck!
AUS Eastern Standard Time
AUS Eastern Standard Time