Do work that matters
NewCo is a division of Wealth Management (WM) which consists of Colonial First State Investments, Colonial First State, the self employed Licensees and Aussie Home loans. NewCo provides strategic and operational support for all distribution of investment and insurance products.
You’ll do meaningful work that protects the bank, our customers and the communities we serve.
NewCo is responsible for the provision of financial advice and services to CBA and non CBA customers in a manner that delivers value to the CBA Group. Advice is provided to customers through one of our licensees. These Licensees include Commonwealth Financial Planning, , Financial Wisdom and Count Financial.
See yourself in our team
You will be part of the leadership team within the Risk & Compliance team and has the responsibility to appropriately and proactively manage risk in line with the Operational Risk Management Framework (ORMF) in a manner consistent with the CBA Values & People capabilities for the Self-employed Licensees.
Working with key stakeholders across the Advice business you will drive substantial improvements in advice quality and compliant practices & activities that aim to reduce the overall risk profile of Count, Financial Wisdom and Pathways.
Key responsibilities will include:
You’ll be a doer, an advisor, and a thought leader. Your past experience and learnings will help ensure we always make the right call. Reporting to the Executive Manager, Risk Management and Compliance, your responsibilities will be:
- To lead, provide support, training and advice to Head office staff and Authorised Representatives with regards to legal, compliance, technical and process advice changes.
- Assist the Senior manager Policy and Compliance with regulatory change projects
- Compliance SME to the self-employed (Count, FWL and Pathways) staff (internal)
- Licensee Standards review and endorsement
- Adviser training on specialised SME topics
- Adviser induction training
- Assistance in designing and documenting the supervision and monitoring process for the Licensee where new regulatory developments have been released.
- Measurable improvements in adviser/practice performance and advice assurance ratings.
- To assist in the development and delivery of relevant education, communication and remediation.
- To effectively interpret and apply legal and compliance rules within practical and commercial risk management framework.
- Effectively manage the controls of the Licensee
- Create sustainable supervision and monitoring controls to monitor regulatory change.
We’re interested in hearing from people who have:
- Experience in Wealth Management, Wealth Advice or Risk / Compliance management within Financial Services
- Extensive experience in Financial Planning, understanding of the planning and process and understanding of the regulatory documentation requirements relating to financial planning.
- Understanding of current Advice policies, operating procedures and processes and the associated risks of the advice business is highly desirable.
- An industry recognised qualification in finance and/or financial planning. RG146 qualification highly desirable.
- Ability to deal with very complex issues, and resolve issues quickly and decisively.
- Able to use critical thinking when presented with a new idea or issue. Resourceful in development of potential solutions /recommendations with an ability to “think outside of the box”.
- Ability to create and document practical standard operating procedures & policies
- The desire and capability to work in a fast paced business environment and manage competing priorities effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work within compliance framework.
- Capacity to analyse and identify the drivers of quality advice and develop innovative and effective support.
- Strong stakeholder relationships & engagement skills at all levels.
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong personal drive & commitment to the delivery of quality outcomes contributing to the success of the NewCo advice
- Ability to lead a team in the delivery of quality outcomes
At CommBank, we're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value's driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focussing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
AUS Eastern Standard Time
AUS Eastern Standard Time