Associate Loan Management Group, Institutional Banking & Markets
Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) is responsible for managing the Group’s relationships with major corporate and government clients and institutional investors, and provides a full range of capital raising, transactional and risk management products and services. For more detail on IB&M please visit this Site
Client Solutions (CS), leads banking relationship management and the provision of transaction banking, capital raising and risk management spectrum to our clients to support their strategic objectives.
CCS operates in six industry eco-systems: Banks & Government; Non-Bank Financial Institutions; Industrial, Transport & Consumer; Real Estate & Infrastructure; Natural Resources and Energy; Telco, Media, Health & Education; supported by the Office of the Chief Operating Officer.
Institutional Loan Management Group provides account management and risk management services for the IB&M and B&PB Institutional & Corporate Lending portfolio.
This service team is accountable for establishing new lending facilities and the subsequent management and compliance monitoring of facilities, in life. The team delivers exceptional customer service and provides advice on deal execution and risk trends in a dynamic, fast moving and collaborative team environment.
Your impact & contribution:
Contribute to the overall servicing of Institutional & Corporate clients by managing and maintaining the lending portfolio
Your responsibilities: In this role you will contribute to the effective management of IB&M & B&PB’s Institutional & Corporate Lending portfolio, seven IB&M industry groups globally and six B&PB geographies domestically. Specifically in this role you will have the opportunity to;
Institutional Loan Management
- Manage the compliance monitoring relationship with a portfolio of clients, to ensure the timely provision of information relating to compliance requirements under their Facility Agreements with Commonwealth Bank (Cash Advance and Multi-Option)
- Ensure all information and general undertakings are diarised, followed up and assessed in accordance with bank policy and defined SLAs.
- Maintain effective client records within the Deal Management System for audit trail purposes
- Maintain effective relationships with internal customers and stakeholders – including those in international locations
- Identify and take accountability for delivering continuous improvement opportunities across the team and stakeholders
- Participate in the overall development of the team by demonstrating and sharing best practice
- Contribute to a collaborative and dynamic team culture as part of this important business function
- Monitor client adherence to the provision of compliance reporting on time and adherence to individual covenant packages
- Complete trend analysis on the Institutional Lending clients financial position, to make recommendations to Risk Management at an individual client level or industry level
- Accept the carrying forward of compliance within delegations
Monitoring and Reporting
- Contribute to management of an effective SLA and performance reporting framework
- Identify (and mitigate) operational and compliance risks
- Contribute to internal and external reporting requirements, including regulatory reporting to NZ government bodies
- Escalate and resolve loan execution issues in an accountable and timely manner
Your experience and qualifications: This is a great opportunity for a candidate with Financial Accounting background with a sound ability to analyse client Financial Accounts and Financial certificate. You will have exceptional articulate written and oral communication skills. We’re looking for a new team member who will bring;
- Experience in financial statements analysis, credit decisions, or risk recommendations
- Demonstrable experience working with corporate/ Institutional lending products and clients
- Demonstrable attention to detail and time management capabilities
- Commercially focused with strong analytical skills, including the ability to understand and analyse facility agreements and financial statements
- Demonstrated ability to form relationships with external and internal customers and become a trusted partner to the business
- Ability to liaise effectively with multiple stakeholders across varying locations and collaborate with internal teams.
- Capacity to work in what could at times be a high pressure environment requiring tight timeframes
Above all it is your CAN do attitude, strong customer service mentality and proactive approach to your day-to-day activities that will set you apart!
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a values driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you. Please apply online to be considered for this role.
Have a question about your application, our process or what happens next? Click here for some of the most commonly asked questions about applying for a role at CommBank.
We value you and won’t leave you hanging. Our advertising closes 30 July 2019 but expect to hear from us within a week of the closing date. Best of luck!
AUS Eastern Standard Time
AUS Eastern Standard Time