Job no: 40062629_12072019
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: VIC CBD Melbourne Area
Categories: Risk Management & Compliance
- You are results driven, customer focused and determined
- We are an innovative, vibrant and high performing Risk team
- Together we’re helping our business make the right decisions for our customers
See yourself in our team
Business & Private Banking (BPB) is one of the three client facing business groups within the Commonwealth Bank and provides support to the Group’s Corporate, Agricultural, Business, Private, and Commsec clients.
BPB Risk Management (BPB RM) provides BPB with specialist risk services and advice. Within BPB RM, Business Banking Risk (BBR) is a national team that decisions loan applications for small and medium enterprise customers with larger exposures, and engages with the local Business Banking teams and their customers, including localised direct contact environments.
Do work that matters
Reporting to the BBR Team Leader, you will be responsible for the provision of all aspects of credit services. This includes advisory, credit decisions, annual reviews and non-monetary credit decisions. You will be responsible for:
- Reviewing and decisioning credit applications within your delegation or recommendation of applications beyond approval levels;
- Maintaining a customer-focused approach to lending and portfolio management.
- Analysis of industry and macroeconomic changes which might impact risk outcomes;
- Engaging directly with Relationship teams and customers to deliver insightful solutions, with your operating rhythm seeing regular time spent within each of our line 1 business partner centres as well as on and off site client interactions.
- Contributing to the on-going improvement of the Risk Management culture by actively improving policies and processes; and
- Ensuring portfolios are appropriately monitored and managed.
We’re interested in hearing from people who possess:
- Several years suitable experience in exercising a credit risk decisioning delegation in comparable business banking and commercial banking segments;
- Confidence and skills to make complex commercial credit decisions with a customer and solution based focus, as well as having ability to coach others on achieving the same outcomes;
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously with absolute integrity, as well as contributing to synergy in team environments;
- Strong proven communication, stakeholder management and negotiating skills;
- Graduate or post graduate degrees in business or finance; and
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g. Finsia, CPA) or studying towards completion (desirable).
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value’s driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focussing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
AUS Eastern Standard Time
AUS Eastern Standard Time