Do work that matters
CBA is leading the industry in IT and operations with its world-class platforms and processes, agile IT infrastructure, and innovation in everything from payments to internet banking and mobile apps.
To achieve this competitive advantage and deliver better customer outcomes we have a dependency on a range of Suppliers providing products and services.
This role will support the supplier risk agenda at CommBank, primarily through the execution of supplier risk assessments and providing quality risk advice to the business. The contribution of this role will allow the Group to make risk-based decisions with agility to improve the Group’s overall supplier risk exposure.
See yourself in our team
The Chief Controls Office is a first line of accountability function who are a group of trusted and skilled risk management experts empowering our business. The purpose of the Chief Controls Office is to enable our business to be safe, sound and secure underpinned by strong risk management.
The Chief Controls Office works in partnership with the Enterprise Services business to deliver safe, sound and secure risk outcomes with:
- Risk management framework and tools
- Risk expertise and coaching
- Controls that are efficient, effective, sustainable and automated
- A greater preventative focus rather than detective
- Risk processes that are simple to understand and apply.
Enterprise Supplier Risk (ESR) is a Centre of Excellence within the Chief Controls Office responsible for managing supplier risk for all business units in CommBank. The team consists of supplier risk management experts operating across local and international offices.
This role is to manage Enterprise Supplier Risk through:
- Compliance with the Group’s Supplier Lifecycle and Risk policy and procedures;
- Acting as a trusted advisor to the business on Supplier Risk management;
- Execution of risk and control assessments for new or modified supplier arrangements, including outsourcing/ offshoring;
- Provision of risk advice relating to supplier sourcing, contracts, controls and performance;
- Support the management of supplier operational issues and incidents;
- Participation in supplier governance meetings and ESR team meetings;
- Maintaining accurate supplier risk profiles;
- Management of compliance with applicable regulatory obligations relating to the use of suppliers;
- Providing direct support to ESR leadership in managing a portfolio.
Your path looks like
If you live the values and demonstrate people capabilities, CBA offers great career opportunities. This role provides experience, exposure and education at a management level which can lead to a variety of opportunities across CommInsure, Wealth Management and the CBA Group.
We’re interested in hearing from people who possess
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in technology, finance or risk management would be an advantage. CISA, CRISC, CISSP, COBIT, ITIL, ISO2700[x], CPA, CA or other IT Risk related certifications would be viewed favourably.
- Strong experience in operational risk management, specifically technology risk
- Strong inductive reasoning ability and negotiation/influencing skills
- Ability to analyse trends, identify critical threats and opportunities, diagnose problems and issues and recommend appropriate actions
- Confidence and ability to work independently and to manage/execute tasks within set timeframes
- Excellent understanding of risk management frameworks and relevant certifications e.g. Basel II, GS007, AS3402, COBIT, ISO2700x)
- Understanding of ITIL Service Management processes
- Experience in a consulting role (strategy, process re-design) and/or an audit role from a professional services firm or big 4 bank
- IT audit experience would be beneficial
At CommBank, we're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value's driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focussing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
AUS Eastern Standard Time
AUS Eastern Standard Time