Risk and Control Manager
Job no: 40016451_02082019
Work type: Contract/Secondment
Location: Sydney CBD Area
Categories: Risk Management & Compliance
Risk and Control Manager - Controls
The Quality & Control team delivers comprehensive and integrated risk support service, providing risk management advice and coordination of the implementation of risk management activities to our business partners.
This role will be accountable for providing support within the Risk Fundamentals team by supporting the Retail Sales and Service Network in their understanding and application of risk, and providing support in the timely management of the RSS Risk Profile and Controls testing program.
Maintain and embed strong risk culture through the application of the Operational and Compliance Risk Management framework for Retail Sales Distribution to enable the business to meet their objectives in a safe manner which is in line with the Group and RBS Risk Appetite Statement. More specifically the role will involve:
- Conduct and review Control Assurance Program (CAP) testing results and outcomes, including the development of design and operating effectiveness test scripts.
- Ensure CAP findings are captured in RiskInSite appropriately and on a timely basis, and mapped to the relevant risk profiles.
- Lead, manage and coach a team of high performing risk professionals to maintain high quality deliverables.
- Integrating and embedding the insights and controls proposed during risk workshops into the RSS Risk profiles.
- Actively participate during workshops and deliver on improvements to the risk profiles during the 90 day refresh of BROP and Risk and Control Self-Assessment
- Ensure that the risk management system (RiskInSite) activities (CAP testing, 90 day refresh, Key risk indicator, etc.) are being carried out in a timely, accurate and complete manner.
Skills & Experience
- At a minimum 5+ years in Financial services industry based knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of Operational Risk Management Framework and Compliance Management
- Strong leadership capability with the ability to manage a team of high performing risk professionals
- The capacity to work in a busy, commercial, competitive environment and the ability to meet objectives/targets and deliver customer service.
AUS Eastern Standard Time
AUS Eastern Daylight Time