The Human Resources (HR) team plays a key role in supporting the Group’s strategy by working with our client teams to attract and build talent, develop leaders, drive capability and performance, create a diverse culture, and enhance productivity. The Group People Services (GPS) team provides the Group with HR advisory and operational services across Workplace & Industrial Relations, Employee Benefits, Global Mobility, Health, Safety & Well-being, People & Payroll Services, Workforce Analytics, HR Direct, and Workers’ Compensation.
The Industrial Relations Team is responsible for end to end management of industrial relations including developing the strategy and implementing the Group’s enterprise agreement negotiations, monitoring the external IR environment, competitor IR environment. This role reports to the General Manager, Human Resources Services and also closely supports the IR Manager.
Your impact & contribution
As Industrial Relations Specialist your role is designed to support the delivery of the Group’s Industrial Relations (IR) strategy, ensuring effective compliance with Enterprise Agreement (EA) and legal obligations and providing advice on specific industrial queries as they apply to individual circumstances.
You will be expected to perform and deliver the following in a manner consistent with our Values Expectations: We do what is right; We are accountable; We are dedicated to service; We pursue excellence; and We get things done.
- Support the Group IR function with providing advice on industrial instruments, monitoring competitors, external IR environment, competitive benchmarking, assisting with EA preparation and modelling, analytics and data analysis and compliance execution.
- Provide consistent unbiased support and assistance on Industrial Relations as required.
- Support the General Manager HR and IR Manager with strategic projects, stakeholder management and organisational change.
- Resolve queries relating to the interpretation of EA as it applies to specific circumstances as per the level of capability and as allocated.
- Remain up to date with changes in legislation and case law as it applies to the Group’s IR framework and EA obligations.
Your experience and qualifications:
- Experience delivering operational IR activities within a large, complex organisation.
- Highly developed knowledge of IR theory, principles, policies, practices and employment legislation.
- Experience working with a large team to deliver project based EA development and negotiations.
- Tertiary qualification in HR, law or business related field (preferred) or a suitable amount of experience necessary for successful completion of the role.
- Strong analytical and interpretive skills.
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a values driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focussing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you. Please apply online to be considered for this role.
AUS Eastern Standard Time
AUS Eastern Standard Time